So do turrets have unlimited rounds now?

I got fired at over 20000 times (21722, specifically) with no end in sight. Just wondering.

What version do you have? As of 11723 they don’t have infinite ammo. Probably it was a laser turret or something.

I don’t know if turrets are unlimited rounds for now, but on 0.C, it was limited, you need to redeploy it to reload, like 100 rounds… I guess.

It was at the entrance to a lab, and I know it wasn’t a laser turret, because I knew how many times it fired by the number of 9mm casings that were on the ground afterwards.

I don’t know which version it was. I’ve updated since then, but I use the launcher and still have the previous version folder. Is there a way to check the version of a previous build?

[quote=“Croooow, post:4, topic:11582”]It was at the entrance to a lab, and I know it wasn’t a laser turret, because I knew how many times it fired by the number of 9mm casings that were on the ground afterwards.

I don’t know which version it was. I’ve updated since then, but I use the launcher and still have the previous version folder. Is there a way to check the version of a previous build?[/quote]

I’ve never seen turret fire infinitely, but secubots do, and they drop 9mm casings.

Yea no. Its gone through about 200 rounds by now.

It actually has a period of pause, where I bet its getting refilled by the magic bullshit fairy.

{
“id”: “mon_turret”,
“type”: “MONSTER”,
“name”: “turret”,
“description”: “The General Atomics TX-1 Guardian, a small, pill-shaped automated gun turret using state of the art ATR systems to dynamically reorient itself to new friends and enemies alike. The two SMG barrels can swivel a full 360 degrees.”,
“default_faction”: “defense_bot”,
“species”: “ROBOT”,
“hp”: 30,
“size”: “SMALL”,
“revert_to_itype”: “bot_turret”,
“material”: “steel”,
“symbol”: “2”,
“color”: “ltgray”,
“aggression”: 100,
“diff”: 14,
“speed”: 100,
“morale”: 100,
“luminance”: 200,
“armor_bash”: 14,
“armor_cut”: 16,
“starting_ammo”: { “9mm”: 100 },
“special_attacks”: [ {
“type”: “gun”,
“cooldown”: 1,
“gun_type”: “hk_mp5”
} ],
“death_drops”: {
“groups”: [ [“robots”, 10], [“turret”, 1] ]
},
“death_function”: “EXPLODE”,
“flags”: [ “SEES”, “NOHEAD”, “ELECTRONIC”, “IMMOBILE”, “NO_BREATHE” ]
}

I cant find anything, but Id bet dollar to dimes hes reloading when he pauses

Do friendly turrets work the same way?

Honestly dont know.

The non pictury answer is yes, Theyve kept firing.

Pedt:
I got bored, but theyre still firing after destroying the closest center column

ppedit:

Dear lord, that’s ridiculously overpowered. Get some rifle turrets and some ear plugs and make sure you have enough computer skill and never worry about anything ever again.

In one of the versions I’m not quite sure which one though, I came across a turret being attacked by zombies without firing. I went close to it and it said something along the lines of "You hear a “click!” from One of the directions " and I figured it ran out of ammunition. Little did I do killing it would cause an explosion…

barely survived my first turret explosion. I didn’t realize just how far reaching it was, should have been firing my bow from further away, but I was impatient with misses, and the dog that I was supposed to be taking back to its owner getting sidetracked by the turret. Failed that mission…

Something similar happened to me today. I think I was looking for supplies and trying to evade some turrets by running behind a car. Some zombies went after the turrets and I don’t know exactly what happened but I have an idea. Soon enough I was engulfed in an explosion and killed before I knew what happened. I think one of the turrets bullets while firing at the zombies hit the gasoline tank or engine causing the car to combust thus ending my life.