Turrets(again!)

so it seems that any mods attached to an m249 disappear when it is mounted on your vehicle, including brass catchers. ah well, it was worth a try, perhaps in later versions.

but that’s not what this thread is about.

my question is, do SMG turrets(the ones you deploy from your inventory, not the m249s you mount on a vehicle) have an infinite ammo supply, or do you have to supply them with 9mm?

AFAIK, they have infinite ammo supply.

I have had a turret emplaced at my base for over half a year. I try to avoid walking into the piles of casings, but thanks to auto-pickup of 0/0 items, I have collected some 10k+ 9mm casings just from having to take the turret down at night so I can get some sleep. Also, the area surrounding the base is knee deep in wildlife corpses. Handy for breakfast though, there is usually some kind of animal close by after I wake up and activate the turret again.

[quote=“HeadWar, post:3, topic:2712”]I have had a turret emplaced at my base for over half a year. I try to avoid walking into the piles of casings, but thanks to auto-pickup of 0/0 items, I have collected some 10k+ 9mm casings just from having to take the turret down at night so I can get some sleep. Also, the area surrounding the base is knee deep in wildlife corpses. Handy for breakfast though, there is usually some kind of animal close by after I wake up and activate the turret again.[/quote]ROFL!! this just made my day!