Size?

Just wondering, how high would Inconveniently Large be, Large, Freakishly Huge, Huge?

I’m just wondering, because I would like to know how high it would be in feet.

[quote=“TinHead, post:1, topic:6375”]Just wondering, how high would Inconveniently Large be, Large, Freakishly Huge, Huge?

I’m just wondering, because I would like to know how high it would be in feet.[/quote]

Depends on your start: they contemplate increased girth/bulk as well as height. I’d figure about 6" to a foot added (smaller/younger folks would probably grow farther) to Large, and a total of 1-2 feet for Huge. Huge would bump you to factor 3 (cow-sized) from 2 (human-sized), once we’ve got critter/NPC/char systems fully integrated.

KA101 applies Tape Measure to self, comes in at 6’2". He becomes Freakishly Huge (whilst remaining otherwise human-normal) in a tragic accident with the debug menu, and grows to maybe 7’8" or so?

(Inconvenient/Freakish means that you’re not adapted to your stature, so it gets in your way/tires you out from carrying all the bulk around, etc. They aren’t different sizes.)

Well, there’s only one thing to do at a time like this.

We must add more Size Mutations, for we are surely lacking in them.
And I assume that Hulk are cattle sized?

Knew a guy that was about 7’5" or so. Was not in great shape. Did not understand that, as I would have gone full-monster. Hm.

Some “Small” mutations would be cool.

Yeah, humans start becoming impractical at the high end of 6 feet. Smaller body = less cardio/respiratory/etc infrastructure to maintain & maintain the body, BUT likely less real estate to fit organs, GI tract, etc.

Size-loss could be worked into Bird, maybe Insect/Spider too, but would come with faster Hunger/Thirst, greater gains from meals, and less capacity to “overfill” yourself. (The idea is that you need less food per meal, but need to eat more often. Net effect is a minor reduction in food consumed; less oxygen needed too, but that’s fairly trivial in DDA at this point.)

Without being able to specify different portion sizes, it’d mean a lot of fiddly work with the loss rates, and I had enough Fun calibrating Hibernation.

[quote=“TinHead, post:3, topic:6375”]Well, there’s only one thing to do at a time like this.

We must add more Size Mutations, for we are surely lacking in them.
And I assume that Hulk are cattle sized?[/quote]

Nope. Hulks are factor 5, HUGE, and pretty much are the definition of that category. (“TAAAANK”).

And the human structure simply hasn’t evolved to handle that sort of expansion–that’s why Freakishly Huge gives HP and fatigue penalties. Hulks, etc have Blob filling in for human frailties, and likely have the biomass of four or five humans packed into 'em, too. If you wanna get to the high ends of the scale, that’d go under aquatic-only or Slime mutations.

Question is, we already have the slime inside our characters, and I personally would like to see my Wolf-Man be slightly taller, who doesn’t? But, post-threshold baby!

Screw humans, we can just inject ourselves with ungodly amounts of mutagen serum and watch the magic! Even though you had plenty of Fun working with Hibernation, I think we could do something somewhat retarded, of which I don’t know of yet. Also, just wondering since you brought that up, whats the plan with the Slime people at the moment? In Experimental they became more interesting for sure.
By the way, any suggestions for a program for sketch-art? I want to create my C:DDA character now, damn you John Greenhorn for your character art!

MUTCAT_SLIME is where I’m inclined to leave it for the time being. If slimespawns need tweaked, let me know.

Will get Chloromorphosis nailed down and probably ship that PR, then Rats need love. Had wanted to do blossoms/nectar/fruit for Plant people, but didn’t have the energy to start changing creature attacks based on season.

May come back to that/giving folks the ability to encourage plant growth later on.

Actually, you could just mutate into Apple Branches, Blossom Branches, and Nectar Branches. Maybe later on you could have the multi fruits.

I could, but that seems kinda simplistic.