Shouldnt fire damage be treated like a wound?

Iam not really a big fan of realism over gameplay but…

Fire damage is being treated as a general damage but what I think it should be is something like a disease, as in it will hurt you but in a different way.
Like if you get hurt by fire there is a chance of you getting “burned tissue” that need to be tretead with bandages and desinfectant for it to heal (or something like that).

I just want to throw this ideia around to see what you guys think.

Also if it is already implemented I wouldnt know because it has being a long time since I have been hurt by fire. I just think you shouldnt get broken legs if you step on a fire.

What you are describing aren’t diseases. Those are actually ‘wounds’, like a bite-wound for example, which needs to be treated by cleaning the wound for example. Diseases are stuff like the Flu.

I would like the Idea. And it would make sense too - burned tissue needs to be treated well, or one could potentially die from it - or at least the wound would get pretty bad.

On could also consider having something similar to the broken bone mechanic - A burned hand/arm won’t be able to do much of anything due to the sheer amount of pain it brings to move it, let alone grab or wield something. A burned leg wouldn’t be of much use either.

Thing is, if we get into burnt-mechanics, we would potentially have to include scar-tissue as well. If the burns are heavy enough, permanent scar tissue would remain which would hinder movement, could hurt or even open up again, if enough pressure/stress is applied.

What you are describing aren't diseases. Those are actually 'wounds', like a bite-wound for example, which needs to be treated by cleaning the wound for example. Diseases are stuff like the Flu.

Yeah i just forgot the word lol, lemme me fix this up.

Thing is, if we get into burnt-mechanics, we would potentially have to include scar-tissue as well. If the burns are heavy enough, permanent scar tissue would remain which would hinder movement, could hurt or even open up again, if enough pressure/stress is applied.

Nah that we can handwave by saying the blob fix the tissue. Also I think that bandages should work like equipments, you wear them and they help on the wound regeneration. Although now that I think of it, all that would mean we have to rework the health system…wich iam not looking foward considering the new fuel system.

The new fuel system could be quite nice, if balanced properly. which it currently isn’t.

Now, Blobb and Scar Tissue won’t work well. Because not everyone has goo inside of them. In fact, I believe that the survivor we’re playing is completely Goo-free unless he starts using Mutagens. Don’t forget, if we had goo inside of us, we’d be zombies, or we would become zombies after death, which we won’t.

edit: Also, there are zombies with Scar Tissue. Namely the Scarred Zombie, with the following description:

A deformed human body, its skin has been transformed into one thick, calloused envelope of scar tissue.

So we basically KNOW that the goo can’t heal Scar Tissue.

I would like if we got something like a scarred/deformed trait for getting to heavily burnt giving negatives to all social encounters especially facial burns maybe giving longish term debuffs in the way of encumberment/pain to mouth and eyes especially while wearing clothes on that location.

Now, Blobb and Scar Tissue won't work well. Because not everyone has goo inside of them.

Well I know I heard somewhere that we all are infected with the blob, the only “pure” ones are the scientist under the labs or something like that.

edit: Also, there are zombies with Scar Tissue. Namely the Scarred Zombie, with the following description:

A deformed human body, its skin has been transformed into one thick, calloused envelope of scar tissue.

So we basically KNOW that the goo can’t heal Scar Tissue.

Yeah thats true.

I would like if we got something like a scarred/deformed trait for getting to heavily burnt giving negatives to all social encounters especially facial burns maybe giving longish term debuffs in the way of encumberment/pain to mouth and eyes especially while wearing clothes on that location.

Could work as well.

There was a thread somewhere that discussed scarring, battle-wounds, etc.
Anyway, I agree that fire damage should be in wound form. First, second and third degree burns should be implemented with increasing amounts of damage. Also, an IRL mechanic that would make sense is burn infection.
Burn wounds would require regular cleaning or advanced sterilization
RL burn victims are cleaned thoroughly to prevent the very vulnerable flesh from being infected.
I unfortunately know this because of the recent fire in Chattanooga, TN.

We also have to think about the damage that fire can cause to living and the deads. For the livings it would be more effective because of the pain from the burning wounds and most people that die from fire is more from complication of the wound or the smoke, but the zeds wouldnt be so hurt by it (I guess). I dont want the fire to be nerfed but it is something that is going to happen.

Jeez keving sure likes to move things around lol