Should I?

on my current character i have a flask of mutegen but no pruifire. should i drink it?

CHUG, CHUG, CHUG, CHUG!

cough cough But… Yeah. You should drink it for the extra fun* factor.

WHUT KIND OF QUSTION IS THAT!? NOT to drink mutagen is a sin and you don’t deserve purifier if you don’t drink it.

okay then. i will drink it

here’s what happened to me

*weak stomach turns into nausea
*i got the mutation weakining.

so yeah that was a great idea

Muagen! [size=2pt]woo hoo…[/size]

[quote=“Gatora, post:5, topic:2208”]here’s what happened to me

so yeah that was a great idea[/quote]
Don’t let this scare you , with great mutagens comes great responsibility.

Next time , pick the robust genetics trait.

[quote=“woflsipder, post:7, topic:2208”][quote=“Gatora, post:5, topic:2208”]here’s what happened to me

so yeah that was a great idea[/quote]
Don’t let this scare you , with great mutagens comes great responsibility.

Next time , pick the robust genetics trait.[/quote]
Or don’t listen to our terrible advice!

is it really terrible advice?

dont use it. just stick it in your stash. you will get purifier in the game. they are on scientist corpses and in labs. labs also have fetus parts taht do the same thing. there is no reason to be impatient.

if you have robust genetics it does help youg et a better a trait, but the odds are not that great that its worth the risk. yes i know about the robust genetics fix. it helps ,but its not a massive improvement in odds.

Mutagen must be consumed the moment it enters your inventory , that’s the law.

It’s just generally fun to get mutations , bad ones or good ones , but the randomness makes it just brilliant.

my guy is dead do to giant ants so yeah…

See , you would never had experienced the miracle of mutations if you’d search for a purifier.

i already drank it as i said above

Bleh. Should’ve saved it and trans’d into a specific type. Preferably a beast muta. But, y’know, what do I know?

Generally, one dose of Mutagen isn’t worth drinking right then. Stockpile until such time as you’re able to manufacture Purifier.

And by that time, you’ll have enough to go totally post-human, and the Purifier to do touch-up work as needed.

[quote=“KA101, post:16, topic:2208”]Generally, one dose of Mutagen isn’t worth drinking right then. Stockpile until such time as you’re able to manufacture Purifier.

And by that time, you’ll have enough to go totally post-human, and the Purifier to do touch-up work as needed.[/quote]
But Purifier is random too, right? It could take away good mutations, leaving you with the bad ones.

EDIT: You might need a lot of ammonia and bleach if you’re not lucky…

[quote=“Inquisitor Dust, post:17, topic:2208”][quote=“KA101, post:16, topic:2208”]Generally, one dose of Mutagen isn’t worth drinking right then. Stockpile until such time as you’re able to manufacture Purifier.

And by that time, you’ll have enough to go totally post-human, and the Purifier to do touch-up work as needed.[/quote]
But Purifier is random too, right? It could take away good mutations, leaving you with the bad ones.

EDIT: You might need a lot of ammonia and bleach if you’re not lucky…[/quote]

Indeed. The Man With The Hands lived on top of a fairly extensive Lab and mined it for flasks as well as bleach/ammonia.

And there were about 5-6 other labs on the map he’d opened up, too.

The morale of life is to drink all of the mutagens you can , while you still can.

Bad mutations give you reason to search for cure and generally are still somewhat fun.