Shotgun bandolier

I’ve noticed today that reloading shotgun by taking ammo from inventory cost exactly the same time as from wearable shotgun bandolier. Is that a feature or an oversight? If feature - what’s the point of having additional encumbrance if there is no benefit?

Save on volume?

It really should provide a benefit.

The 1 volume per 20 shells you save is a joke for 3 encumbrance plus conflicts on the strapped layer (where backpacks are).

It think it’s an oversight, it’s supposed to work like sheaths for bullets making it faster than inventory.

The 1 volume per 20 shells you save is a joke for 3 encumbrance plus conflicts on the strapped layer (where backpacks are).

Actually, 12 .00 shots (bandolier capacity) is just 0.14 L in my settings which is ridiculously low compared to encumbrance bandolier has. So I would expect at least reloading benefits. There are none.

Magazine containers, quivers, and bandoleers all (in theory) are supposed to work similarly. By reducing, very slightly in my experience, the amount of time it takes to reload. This effect is increased with skill with the weapon in question (i think).

I have shotguns skill just 1 so maybe that’s the case. But anyways, bandolier is tagged as ‘very bulky’. Pointless to use that stuff it gets you overburdened.

Well, torso encumbrance means nothing if you have enough guns and ammo.

“Very bulky” is kinda misleading, it just means that it can fit over mutations. You’ll find the same tag on all of the XL stuff. As far as I know it doesn’t change encumbrance.