Short term NPC fix

One of the most annoying things in the game is that once you ask an NPC to join you he follows you around until he dies.

Until NPCs are fully integrated a “stay here/follow me” command should be added. Nothing fancy, the NPC would stay where you put them and not move until told to follow again.

And if you say that your location isn’t safe to train in, you should be able to choose the training location, rather than have the NPC try to take you onto the middle of a river.

FTFY.

If you build a bulletin board, you can use it to designate a “camp” and tell friendly NPCs to wait there. Not exactly the flexibilit you are looking for, but should do the job for now.

Teaching them not to pick up every rock they can find and not to shoot non hostile animals, if there combat range was lowered to enemy are close warning then thay’d not waste all there ammo.

I think this suggestion should be taken seriously, actually. +1

I’d rather see dogs being fleshed out.

Allow combat orders (Fight, Fight until injured, avoid combat, draw attention, etc.), hunting small game, looking for smelly items (eg. Find food) and such.

Yeah I’m sure pets and companions will eventually be fleshed out, but my suggestion is just a temporary fix for NPCs not having an option to NOT follow you everywhere. It’d probably also help stop them from stealing everything in sight.

my main complaint is that when you load the game the NPCs will move somewhere else, so my cool bases of bad ass dudes just disappear.

I don’t know if that has been fixed or not yet.

[quote=“Bonevomit, post:9, topic:6007”]my main complaint is that when you load the game the NPCs will move somewhere else, so my cool bases of bad ass dudes just disappear.

I don’t know if that has been fixed or not yet.[/quote]

Last time I played reloading also changed the weather…

Then you guys are really old.