Seg fault at startup

Hey guys!
Everytime before I play, I do a pull from the git rep (I’m using cygwin), but since today I can’t start the game, as soon as I do ./cataclysm it immediately goes into a segmentation fault (core dumped)
I tried deleting the cata folder and cloning a new one, but it doesn’t fix it. Any idea what might be wrong? I couldn’t find any log with the details of the seg fault, if there’s one, where do I find it?

Ohoho! When there was a problem with thousands separator in json, I created a local variable LC_NUMERIC, even for the 0.8 version. Deleted it and failed stopped.
Perhaps you have the same problem

[quote=“Savidiy, post:2, topic:4378”]Ohoho! When there was a problem with thousands separator in json, I created a local variable LC_NUMERIC, even for the 0.8 version. Deleted it and failed stopped.
Perhaps you have the same problem[/quote]

I think I have the same problem, but I don’t understand your advice.

A month or two ago 0.8 version cataclysm had a problem of localization. Russian Windows version has “,” separator and json used “.”. To resolve this problem, I created a local variable LC_NUMERIC = en_US (or similar). A few days ago, a cataclysmic event ceased to run. I deleted the local variable and everything worked.
Maybe you have reason is different.

Sounds related. I started having the same issue after https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/4823 … (Or any other pull close to that in terms of time and date)
My windows is in English though, so not quite sure what the issue or fix spesifically is, but yeah;
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error’
what(): locale::facet::_S_create_c_locale name not valid
Aborted (core dumped)
is what I’m getting also.

Edit: win 7 en.

I posted an issue on github, hopefully someone will pick it up.

my OS is also in english, Windows 7.
Hope someone can find the fix.

Anyone find a solution for this yet?

AtomicDryad has a bandaid fix incoming for this, here is the fix :

edit src/init.cpp
find
#ifdef LOCALIZE
// load names depending on current locale
change to
#ifdef LOCALIZE_MY_BEHIND

This worked for me.