SDL Compiling

I am currently using Code::Blocks to make my own large conversion mod of this game, but after compiling I realized it was not SDL. My question is how do I get the SDL version compiled?

use the flag TILES=1 of the makefile.
dunno how you set it with codeblocks

OK after lots of work i have figured out some my issues. There is a topic in the bug reporting area on this with download links. Also DO NOT get the SDL 2 stuff, because that caused a load of problems, since they changed lots of the code in the update. I am now getting a message that 1d.exe cannot find -1SDL.dll and -1SDL_ttf.

EDIT:Also here is a link to the thread with some more information http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=1807.msg22249#msg22249

EDITx2: Got it compiled after hours of searches, but i get an error in in one of the functions if i try to start it with tiles, so any help on that is still appreciated and if anyone has a question about the codeblocks compiling i will gladly help :slight_smile:

The fact that you don’t have SDL2 might be the thing causing you problems since the experimental version sorta uses SDL2 for all its SDL stuff and has for a while.

I am using 0.A, not the experimentals. I have the SDL version working, but I want to add tile support, and when i do it craches due to an error in one of the cata files.

but i get an error in in one of the functions if i try to start it with tiles,
it craches due to an error in one of the cata files.

I think it would be helpful to mention what error you get and where exactly you get that error. Including how it crashes, e.g. the error message that appears etc.
How do you think people can help with only the information “I get an error”?

K thanks for the response, i am going to try switching to mingw, will post soon

EDIT: sdltiles.cpp is giving me an error that “strcasecmp is not defined in this scope” throughout the file. I have researched, and this is apparently defined in strings.h and/or string.h but including them does not help at all. Any advice?It compiles fine without tiles though

EDITx2: after even more research, it seems that this is a Unix only function, and that i somehow need to convert it to strcmpi

The thread you mentioned, in the bug reports forum, actually has detailed instructions on how to deal with that issue.

It did not, but a recent pr included that fix, and then while figuring out some other issues i happened upon a thread that did on the same board. Thanks for all the help!