Repairing Broken Consoles?

I searched the forum but most the posts I saw about it were around March to July. I could not find any other post but are the consoles still not repairable?

To my knowledge thereā€™s still no way to repair them.

1 Like

You canā€™t even dismantle them. Thatā€™s probably the worst part. Imagine the parts!

Bah, lame. I was used to them being useless if broken since March and never thought of it again till I made a garage my home in the middle of a city after clearing out the area around it after boarding the windows up and such. I was hoping they would be repairable so I could have an indefinite light source from it for reading than wasting gas in my lantern at night.

Especially the parts would be useful to of course as well :slight_smile:

You COULD use the debug menu to spawn a working console in the place and ditch away reasonable materials.

Fixing them might be nice (the amount of broken consoles in science labsā€¦ hnnnngā€¦)
but then again, Iā€™d much prefer to dismantle them and cannibalize them for parts. Anyone know anything that drops processor boards? Iā€™ve tried sounding store alarms to attract police bots but no luck-- and almost every turret I destroy ends up exploding leaving nothing left.

ā€“Thats an idea-- can EMP grenades disable turrets instead of blowing them up? so you could dismantle them?

I forgot how to use that, last time I tried with the controls posted on the wiki for debug it was not working a few builds ago correctly. I hate cheating but since there not repairable at this moment guess I could do that.

[quote=ā€œIosyn, post:6, topic:3023ā€]Fixing them might be nice (the amount of broken consoles in science labsā€¦ hnnnngā€¦)
but then again, Iā€™d much prefer to dismantle them and cannibalize them for parts. Anyone know anything that drops processor boards? Iā€™ve tried sounding store alarms to attract police bots but no luck-- and almost every turret I destroy ends up exploding leaving nothing left.

ā€“Thats an idea-- can EMP grenades disable turrets instead of blowing them up? so you could dismantle them?[/quote]

As far as I know, I threw an EMP grenade and it destroyed a turret a few builds ago I think it was. Can not remember if it blew up thoughā€¦do not think it did but do not quote me on that. Worth a try anyway, I only done it once but it was a good bit ago so I do not remember.

I find cell phones all over the place, they give 200 batteries, scrap metal, processor board, and RAM.

I find cell phones all over the place, they give 200 batteries, scrap metal, processor board, and RAM.[/quote]

Ah, sweet! thanks for the tip Weyrling, Iā€™ve not actually tried disassembling cellphones yet.

I find cell phones all over the place, they give 200 batteries, scrap metal, processor board, and RAM.[/quote]

Well least I know what they give on disassembling now. I always had a pile of those but never got around to doing it haha.

Youā€™ll find some refined components in popped-open crates. Also, those handheld gaming consolesā€¦ might have CPUs and RAMā€¦

Game systems do indeed drop processors and RAM chips.

Iā€™ve actually successfully applied the ā€œDeconstruct furnitureā€ from the * action on it. It gave tons of electrical parts, such as RAM, processor board, large LCD screen, aplifier circuit, etc.
I still donā€™t understand how and when I get more and more options in that * menu. I did not construct anything to level up any relevant skill, I only destroy )

By the by, if you have a bunch of random stuff around your character (items you can pick up) you can search the ā€˜List all items around your playerā€™ for what items you get on disassembly. I think the default is shift+v and then while in items mode (also shows monsters via tab) hit forwardslash and then if looking for processor boards type ā€œd:processorā€ and it will list any items you can see that you can get processor (boards) from. That same thing will work in advanced inventory as well. Notable for advanced inventory as you canā€™t perform that same item list search for items inside boxes (ie cupboards or vehicle cargo). Well It does work if you are standing right next to the cupboard, but advanced inventory is the only way I know of for vehicle storage.

If there is an equivalent to this for deconstruct-able furniture, I havenā€™t found it.

things do change a lot in the game over the course of 7 years.

Ahah, sorry, Iā€™m new to this place. I juat saw ā€œSep 13ā€ date on the first message and assumed itā€™s the current year, but for some reason the Year is detached and is shown 7cm on the right ā€“ I didnā€™t notice it.

And I guess Iā€™ve gained an ability to deconstruct furniture by obtaining some tools. So you have a maximal level of each Quality of tools in your hands but itā€™s not easily visible so you have to check each tool to find the obsolete ones, and you wonā€™t know when you gain the new ability in this way.

usually your character will use whatever they have on your person, which is why its generally handy to stick all your tools in a toolbelt

also yeah, most disassembly needs likeā€¦ a crowbar and a screwdriver, except for simple stuff you can tear apart with your hands, hence ā€˜deconstruct furnitureā€™ and ā€˜deconstruct simple furnitureā€™ in your * menu.