Renaming qualities to more sensible names

Over on Git there’s a discussion going on about which fits better as a wrench tool quality: “Bolting”, “bolt turning”, “fastening”, etc.

With me not understanding a thing about Git and IRC a ghost town i’ll just put forward here that “bolt” (and by extension, “bolting”) is a valid verb.

“Bolting” is, by that definition, also a valid verb for a variety of tasks involving the term “bolt”, which can be anything from a roll of cloth to a medieval projectile.

I think the best solution is “bolt fastening”. Straightforward and unambiguous.

Also, there is a possible different overhaul incoming, with tool types and their qualities becoming able to get better-sounding names.

[quote=“Sean Mirrsen, post:2, topic:5667”]“Bolting” is, by that definition, also a valid verb for a variety of tasks involving the term “bolt”, which can be anything from a roll of cloth to a medieval projectile.

I think the best solution is “bolt fastening”. Straightforward and unambiguous.

Also, there is a possible different overhaul incoming, with tool types and their qualities becoming able to get better-sounding names.[/quote]
True, but when talking about construction and tools “bolting” can really only have one meaning: to fasten something using a nut and bolt.

And it’s for that reason i find the word concise enough to be used in Cata as a tool quality: It’s a single word that is unambiguous in context.

And the reason why there is a need for a single concise word that has to be shoehorned into the in-context meaning, is the same reason that I’m implementing (or have implemented, if you don’t count that it’s part of a larger ongoing effort) more elaborate tool quality strings.