Reload a placed Item

I believe this is not a feature yet, I searched the wiki and didn’t found anything, is there a way to reload dropped/placed items like charcoal smoker or charcoal forge? Those are pretty heavy items and I usually place them somewhere in my cabin and then use them as I need but it’s pretty annoying that I have to pick them up and then reload them and place them again. If this doens’t exist already it would be a neat feature, at least for me, it could be used by pressing Shift + r, so capital R and then deciding the direction of the item you want to reload.

BUMP ?

(I’m not sure if it’s a 24h rule for bumps …)

The wiki is out of date, a derelict place of nothing but the screams of beginner Cata players. But no, I don’t think that the feature has been implemented, but I think that the priority of such an issue takes a backseat to others such as the ever constant battle of balancing the game and the character.

You do realize that R is for reading…?

You are right I usually don’t use R that’s why, but we can use other keys. I do realize this might not be a problem to everyone it’s just something that annoys me.

“R” is a fucking weird key for reading, considering you can just "a"ctivate books to read them with the exact same results, IIRC.

Yeah that’s exacly what I do but there are plenty of keys available.

Well its better to use R because it will only list readable things then.
But you can always reassign keys so its not exactly a problem.

Activate tends to be the fallback “do something with this” key, and you can use it in a lot of scenarios where you are technically doing something that’s bound to another key.

Activate tends to be the fallback "do something with this" key, and you can use it in a lot of scenarios where you are technically doing something that's bound to another key.

Slightly offtopic, but for me that has always been a really good point about C:DDA. In other (Roguelike-)games, you have to remember a ton of different keys, but if in doubt in C:DDA, you can always look at the item and try to activate it.
The fact that there are many ways to achieve what you want (e.g. reading a book), is absolutely one of my favourite features of Cataclysm.