Religion Quest Series

Note: This may contain some spoilers for a specific NPC quest

This series of quests has been one that has given me no shortage of frustration, and I’ve finally given up trying to do it on my own.

It starts with an NPC asking for a relic from a Cathedral - easy enough. I of course died a few times trying to get into the city/fighting the mobs inside of it, but still strait forward.

The priest diary is also fairly simple. Go to “X” location, find “X” thing, bring it back. Done, easy.

Then the cult house. Being a long distance away isn’t that bad, but I usually tend to build one base so it can get frustrating having to travel all the way there then all the way back (since I have the NPC stay at my base so they don’t die in the process).
When I got there the first time, I couldn’t find the secret… at all. This was back in 0.9 and it frustrated me so much that there was “nothing” inside the house that I just stopped playing the character. I had traveled so far from my base and put so much effort into getting to the location to find nothing! Gah!

Eventually (as in a couple days ago) I finally figured it out, got the (insert spoiler item here) and made the return trek. On to the next goal, finding a visionary in a prison.

I am now sitting in the basement of said prison having killed everything, searched everywhere, and even jackhammered my way through several walls thinking that’s what needed to be done. Nothing. Did I kill him? Is he even there? Do I even speak to him? Static NPC spawn is turned on, so it should work.

I’ve gone so far as to go into debug mode, regen the entire prison, and search the entire place again… and nothing turned up. Just more wasted shotgun shells.

This guy is Waldo, and he gives no shits about my frustration…

As with NPCs in general, it’s safe to assume it’s incomplete.

The book you’re looking for is titled “Visions in Solitude”, and it should be on the western side of the prison basement, just north of the laundry room

I got this quest once; I brought her every religious text I could find and it never satisfied her quest requirement even for the first task. I even tried giving her the Braziers and Candlestick from the Church nearby, that didn’t seem to work either.

Because xe’s looking for the “small relic”.

Hrm… The mystery deepens…

Didn’t see anything that looks small and religious… I’ll have to see if I get the quest again sometime.

Visions of solitude, got it.
I did start to think it would be a book, and even started unlocking all of the cells to check the beds to see if there was anything there of note.

I’ve been trying to edit the NPC Wiki pages recently, but I’ve still got to learn a lot of the CSS and what-not.

[quote=“Loendal, post:6, topic:7906”]Hrm… The mystery deepens…

Didn’t see anything that looks small and religious… I’ll have to see if I get the quest again sometime.[/quote]

It’s in a locked area of the cathedral basement.

Because xe’s looking for the “small relic”.[/quote]

Yo KA101, I hope you don’t mind, but I have a question; what’s up with the ‘xe’? I see you use it for almost every pronoun it seems.

Yo KA101, I hope you don’t mind, but I have a question; what’s up with the ‘xe’? I see you use it for almost every pronoun it seems.[/quote]

A pronoun for saying he/she.

Yo KA101, I hope you don’t mind, but I have a question; what’s up with the ‘xe’? I see you use it for almost every pronoun it seems.[/quote]

A pronoun for saying he/she.[/quote]

Why not ‘they’?

Colleague of mine didn’t identify as either gender and didn’t like to be pluralized. There are other options, but xe preferred the xe-formation and I both respected (and continue to respect) the colleague and support the concept of a singular (non-plural) gender-unmarked pronoun.

So I use the terms in general usage.

[quote=“KA101, post:12, topic:7906”]Colleague of mine didn’t identify as either gender and didn’t like to be pluralized. There are other options, but xe preferred the xe-formation and I both respected (and continue to respect) the colleague and support the concept of a singular (non-plural) gender-unmarked pronoun.

So I use the terms in general usage.[/quote]

Ah, I see. I can respect that. A friend of mine is the same but is okay with they. They called me cissexist once… that was weird.