Release Candidate for 0.A

I ran a bunch of tests on this today, and it’s true that you can’t hit zombie children if you are fairly encumbered and unskilled (down to the point where a zero skill person couldn’t hit them at 3 torso ENC). But I had no problems hitting them while unencumbered, or while fairly encumbered but with a slightly higher skill.

smoke seems to stay at this tile in a house or other building, even if no-roof tile or open windows are at proximity.

[quote=“Pumbletron, post:39, topic:5214”]I like lots of new things in this release, really great! However I’ve found some issues.

• I can’t hit zombie children in melee at all, even when unencumbered and with good skill.
  • I can’t seem to drive vehicles at all, even ones fully working, with an engine and fuel. Clicking ^ just brings up the options to turn the engine on and stuff, but gives me no way to actually steer or accelerate the vehicle.

Other than that, I really like it. Keep up the good work![/quote]
Either being over your carried weight/volume or torso encumbrance can make it impossible to hit zombie children without having a lot of skill.
Also, being in a lot of pain cripples your stats, which then has a ripple effect on your encumbrance and can make you easy picking.
A similar level of difficulty comes from skeletal/zombie dogs.

Yeah the controls were broken on the bike, so… false alarm.

And thanks for the tip about the zombie children. I’ve found I just like shooting them with a gun or a bow. :slight_smile: