Rebalancing Crossbows

A repeating crossbow with like 5-10 bolts between reloads could be good for melee characters. Shoot afew zombies before getting to melee then switch to your melee weapon when they are too close or out of bolt on your crossbow. It would okay with long reload times since it is not your main weapon, more of a action to do after battles and not during

Yeah, but there is really no such animal as a repeating crossbow.

The game is supposed to be sorta-kinda realistic and there are no auto-fire crossbows on the market anywhere, just a sketch on some parchment in China.

A pistol with a suppressor works fine for this melee character role.

[quote=“DWC, post:42, topic:1743”]Yeah, but there is really no such animal as a repeating crossbow.

The game is supposed to be sorta-kinda realistic and there are no auto-fire crossbows on the market anywhere, just a sketch on some parchment in China.

A pistol with a suppressor works fine for this melee character role.[/quote]

lol DWC there are repeating crossbows replicated by many people in real-life especially the cho-ku-no from china , infact weapon masters showed the chokuno working in their video and it’s already in the game but craft-able only with high skills.

As a high level craftable thing, sure that’s cool. I’m saying it’s not something you can just go to wal-mart and buy, so it would’nt be anything you’d find outside making one yourself.

I had the same concern, the repeating crossbow doesn’t spawn anywhere, but you can make one.

Why not just the option to make “fire” reload when a clip is empty? Sounds a lot more sensible than auto reloading when a clip is empty, and someone would have to explicitly turn it on which kind of makes it your fault if you get screwed over by reloading at a bad time. All it would take is a flag check upon hitting fire if a clip is empty and the option is turned on.

Huh, I have no idea why I didn’t think of that, yea, auto-load on fire as an option makes more sense, and will be easier to implement to boot.

I used to be a crossbow fan like you, until I got a crossbow arrow in my knee trying disarm a crossbow trap… :frowning:

One of the tricks would be to also check if a weapon isn’t required to be loaded, like some bows and slings. Otherwise you’d never be able to fire them if you did a naive “clip = 0” check.

I used to get arrows in the knee when I disarmed crossbow traps, but then I took an arrow in the knee.

KNEE-CEPTION!

Anyway, I want a coilgun that can shoot metal crossbow bolts. Nails are boring.