Raspberry Pi compile issues

I’m trying to compile on a raspberry pi, code gited (got?) twelve hours ago, rasbian distrobution.

Goes fine, until itypedef.o, which seems to hang for 5 times longer than other files, before make reports error number 4. Tried make clean, no luck.

Has anybody else enountered this problem on the Pi, or other systems?

EDIT

g++: internal compiler error: killed (program cc1plus) Please submit a full bug report, with preprocessed code if appropriate. See blah blah blah for instructions make: ***[obj/itypedef.o] Error 4

That sounds familiar, I think it has to do with either console memory or compiler memory settings. Changing some memory allocation option should fix the problem. Note that “itypedef” does take more time to compile, at first I thought I have that same problem, but then I let it compile and it eventually did. I guess you could also try compiling itypedef separately by itself, or restart Pi and continue to compile from where it left off. Also try some minimal boot to get as much free memory as possible. Alternatively find what “Error 4” exactly means, I couldn’t.

Solved, thank you very much. You were right, changing the ram allocation with raspi-config solved the problem. Forgot that i’d been watching movies with the pi last. Thanks again.

Cool. Can you let me know if you can get 80x50 resolution console? On my Linux I do it by booting with VGA=1 boot option, but I have no idea if embedded GPUs support VGA standards in the same way desktop video cards do. I guess it should be about the same, one way or another.

I changed the console font on my pi using setfont /usr/share/consolefonts/whateverfontyouchoose, not sure If that’s a different way to solve your general problem.

So how does it run? Fast enough? Any differences compared to PC?

It compiled in a good hour or so on mine, and it runs kinda slow.

Try this, it should be noticably faster:

Let me know how it goes if you get around to test it.

I will check it out when I get home, but it may be a while until I get it all going again.