Can't Compile Cataclysm

Whenever I try to compile Cataclysm it always freezes in the same place. Can anyone help? Here’s a screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/4lpn6CG.png. I’m using windows 7 and cygwin.

edit: Nevermind, it was just taking a long time to compile. ~30 min later it’s done compiling.

try downloading code blocks and compiling it.

Yeah, itypedef.cpp can take a LOOONG time to compile. ~30 minutes is not unheard of, with no feedback, unfortunately >_<.

On the plus side: we’re gradually moving stuff out of that file and into data files, which should alleviate the issue.

It largely depends on your computer speed and number of cores too. With 4 cores assigned to compiling I can do a clean build in 90 seconds. Or ~59 without size optimization on.

I wonder what causes it to be that slow (on windows I assume?) gcc does that file in 8 seconds here, on a 3GHz Core i3.

This right here. I’m on a mac running windows 7 on bootcamp with a 2.2 Ghz quad core i7 and I can build with cygwin in about 45 seconds - 1 minute.

Wish.cpp won’t compile on windows anymore.

wish.cpp: In member function ‘void game::wish()’:
wish.cpp:192:43: error: ‘mvgetch’ was not declared in this scope
wish.cpp:207:7: error: ‘echo’ was not declared in this scope
wish.cpp:208:16: error: ‘getnstr’ was not declared in this scope
make: *** [obj/wish.o] Error 1

The undeclared functions appear to be part of the curses library, but not part of catacurse.cpp.

Thanks ejseto, fairly important bug that we might not have caught immediately.