Random Crashing 0.9

Since I haven’t found a thread that describes this issue, I will just open one.

Whenever I play, the game sometimes randomly closes itself. No error message, no framerate drop or something. It just closes. I have no idea why this happens or what produces the bug but it’s frustrating.

How can I find out why this happens?

NPCs on by chance?

static npcs false
static spawn true

[quote=“Rookie, post:3, topic:3908”]static npcs false
static spawn true[/quote]
What about the random npc’s option?

It’s toggled off.

I really can’t figure out why it’s crashing. Sometimes I can play 2 hours striaght without incident and sometimes it happeds every 10 minutes.

[quote=“Rookie, post:5, topic:3908”]It’s toggled off.

I really can’t figure out why it’s crashing. Sometimes I can play 2 hours striaght without incident and sometimes it happeds every 10 minutes.[/quote]

Can we get more info? What’s going on when it crashes, where are you, do you have an artifact that breaks reality?

Same issue here. It’s quite frustrating. The game crashes for no obvious reason without showing any kind of error text.

Just walking through a city, nothing special, still early game. Tried with and without tileset, happens in both cases.
It just closes. I’m not doing any fancy or so, just randomly shuts down.

[quote=“Rookie, post:8, topic:3908”]Just walking through a city, nothing special, still early game. Tried with and without tileset, happens in both cases.
It just closes. I’m not doing any fancy or so, just randomly shuts down.[/quote]

It doesn’t have to be fancy to cause issues, is there any pattern at all, anything at all.

No, that’s why I am asking if there are others experiencing the same. I will go on playing and will try to look for what might have caused it but for now I am really clueless.

Yeah, I also experience crashes, ranging from on worldgen to hours/days into a session. These usually destroy my character save and do weird things to my world save.

I’m experiencing similar crashes, but it’s almost always while I’m moving through cities, and moving quickly in a vehicle seems to increase the odds considerably. Beyond that, it’s just a plain closing/crashing of the game with no messages or prompts.

Cacophony, I think we have a trace here.
It just happened to me again, while I was exploring a city. I was going northward and then it just closed again. Maybe world gen is bugging? I don’t know.

EDIT:
Okay, I uploaded the save file. Leave the house I am in and go north, it then has a good chance to crash

http://www.file-upload.net/download-8280986/save.zip.html

[quote=“Rookie, post:13, topic:3908”]Cacophony, I think we have a trace here.
It just happened to me again, while I was exploring a city. I was going northward and then it just closed again. Maybe world gen is bugging? I don’t know.

EDIT:
Okay, I uploaded the save file. Leave the house I am in and go north, it then has a good chance to crash

http://www.file-upload.net/download-8280986/save.zip.html[/quote]

Well, “marvin” first thing I’m noticing is the save file is a tad on the large side, are you running out of memory by chance?

EDIT: I wandered all the way to a mine to the north, no crash. Looks like it’s something with your system. I’m not sure though.

Sigh, it’s tedious. Didn’t happen for me for a while, too. It’s apparently REALLY random.

[quote=“EkarusRyndren, post:14, topic:3908”][quote=“Rookie, post:13, topic:3908”]Cacophony, I think we have a trace here.

EDIT:

http://www.file-upload.net/download-8280986/save.zip.html[/quote]

Well, “marvin” first thing I’m noticing is the save file is a tad on the large side, are you running out of memory by chance?

EDIT: I wandered all the way to a mine to the north, no crash. Looks like it’s something with your system. I’m not sure though.[/quote]

If it’s “master.gsav” that’s HUGE, there’s been some trouble with the save function writing out millions of the same artifact. Could be a memory issue; there’s a fix PR’d.

I am getting the same issue but the save is below 700kbs. It can happen a few seconds or a few minutes into a game. Just walking about barely into the game and the whole game closes without an error message. This is using the current stable release for me for windows.

Hi people.

Same situation in V 0.9 when trying to explore the city.

I had vey random crashes, but very scarse (non afecting gameplay more that saving when sleeping). Now is different:
Im in a car in the center of the city. Going to the non explored parts ends alwais in a chash (tested with car and at foot)

As the other´s said: game.cpp[5767]: add_zombie: there’s already a monster at 120,30

Regards!