Question: Lore/Starting day

Hey, when does CataDDA start chronologically? How much time after the cataclysm?

Liiiike… 3 days?

Thanks.

Because i may start writing things of survivors in the cataclysm, to be used in the game. I can’t go out of 3 Days after the cataclysm, because it would fuck the lore up if the player finds it in day 3 and it talks about day 59. :U

It should theoretically be possible to extend the monster group time-based spawn system to set up a similar time based system for items, so things like journal pages spawn after a certain amount of time. It would be odd in game to find a journal entry dated yesterday in a house right in the middle of a giant infested city though.

The game starts 5 days after the cataclysm (on a Thursday, if anyone wants to know).

Five days? Opps, thought it was three.

Then fuck Thursdays…

Jkjk I kinda like Thursdays.

[quote=“FunsizeNinja123, post:7, topic:6075”]Then fuck Thursdays…

Jkjk I kinda like Thursdays.[/quote]

Folks on IRC had trouble with Thursdays, so that’s why it’s a Thursday. Zero hour was on the weekend.

had his Thursday go Wrong too, dammit

[quote=“KA101, post:8, topic:6075”]Folks on IRC had trouble with Thursdays, so that’s why it’s a Thursday. Zero hour was on the weekend.

had his Thursday go Wrong too, dammit[/quote]
It’s also a neat little Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy reference:

"This must be Thursday," said Arthur to himself, sinking low over his beer, "I never could get the hang of Thursdays."
(Which you will note was the same line spoken on the IRC in the original discussion :P).

[quote=“i2amroy, post:9, topic:6075”][quote=“KA101, post:8, topic:6075”]Folks on IRC had trouble with Thursdays, so that’s why it’s a Thursday. Zero hour was on the weekend.

had his Thursday go Wrong too, dammit[/quote]
It’s also a neat little Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy reference:

"This must be Thursday," said Arthur to himself, sinking low over his beer, "I never could get the hang of Thursdays."
(Which you will note was the same line spoken on the IRC in the original discussion :P).[/quote] Huh. Just in case the reference with the Hitchhiker profession was too obvious.

There needs to be a Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster…

You can find the timeline for the game here

http://www.wiki.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?title=Timeline