Question about save location and experimental builds + others

Hello. I’ve been using experimental builds from here and I have a few questions.

http://dev.narc.ro/cataclysm/jenkins-latest/Windows/Curses/

From what the wiki says, these are updated everytime a pull is added to the github thing.

Are these the “Official” experimental builds, or are they open source fanmade fixes/additions from the community? How many people are adding things to github experimental? Is it a select few “Developers” or is it the whole community adding and merging new stuff? Or does the offical developer “Approve” of the additions and merge them?

Lastly, I cannot find the save folder for the game. I’ve checked inside the game folder and have not found a save folder, yet saving works fine. I’ve checked all the data folders and still cannot find the save location. Even weirder, if I delete the entire CDDA folder and install a newer experimental build, my saves are still there, meaning they must be stored elsewhere on my computer. Can anyone help?

Thanks.

EDIT: I found it. It was in VTroot harddisk volume 3 for some reason. Googled the problem and it seems my anti virus has something to do with it. My question about the experimental builds still stands though.

This one. Contributors send proposed changes at github, then one of the official devs tests the thing and approves/disapproves it. Often with an advice on how to improve the thing.

The builds you can download are builds of the official master branch.

Oh, ok.

Thanks for the info.

Here’s the github repository. I definitely suggest contributing. The devs are friendly and helpful. Even if you have no programming experience, json additions are way to make.

One last thing.

How does the static spawn true false thing work in relation to Wander Spawn if that makes any sense.

We used to have dynamic spawn but I remember reading it was broken and no longer works. Does that mean setting Static Spawn to false still gives me static zombies? Or does it mean no zombies spawn overall?

I noticed there’s no more 1 hour and a half delay to loot up before zombies start appearing, and I’ve seen Shocker Brutes on day one.

In short, what happens if I

Have Wander Spawn enabled but static spawn off.

Wander Spawn disabled but static spawn on.

Both on

Both off?

If I turn both off, do I get no zombies whatsoever?

Since dyamic spawn is supposedly broken, does turning static spawn to off mean I get much less zombies overall then if I had it enabled?

Am I ONLY getting the “horde” zombies (Green Z’s on the map that spawn zombies if I make enough noise in them.) if I leave static spawn set to false and wander spawn on, effectively making the game much less fun by doing so?

Or was “Dynamic” spawns re-added? Or does the static spawn setting have no effect and is just there because they never got around to removing it?

Static spawn controls static vs. dynamic spawning of zombies. On = static spawn, i.e. the cities will be full of zombies at the start and never repopulate, while off = dynamic spawn.

Wander Spawns control the existences of hordes (which currently aren’t implemented that well, and use the backend of the dynamic spawn system to actually spawn themselves when near the player). On = hordes exist, off = hordes don’t exist.

The plan is that once we have actual well-working and fairly balanced hordes to just limit dynamic spawning to wildlife, and then eventually phase out even that to have static groups that are tracked but are able to reproduce, mutate, etc. occasionally even if the player isn’t present.

[quote=“i2amroy, post:6, topic:9408”]Static spawn controls static vs. dynamic spawning of zombies. On = static spawn, i.e. the cities will be full of zombies at the start and never repopulate, while off = dynamic spawn.

Wander Spawns control the existences of hordes (which currently aren’t implemented that well, and use the backend of the dynamic spawn system to actually spawn themselves when near the player). On = hordes exist, off = hordes don’t exist.

The plan is that once we have actual well-working and fairly balanced hordes to just limit dynamic spawning to wildlife, and then eventually phase out even that to have static groups that are tracked but are able to reproduce, mutate, etc. occasionally even if the player isn’t present.[/quote]

I sorta thought it was broken as evidence by this thread.

http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=8091.0

http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=9071.0
Was it ever fixed?