I’m the author of the old translation version (back from ~Sept 2018). Seeing this post I realized that I never created a thread for it here. Whoops. Anyway, about it being broken: The short version is that the Powers That Be decided to discontinue lua support. Which broke a lot of Japanese mods using lua. Like this one. That leaves you these options…
- Rebuild the mod by converting the code from lua to C++. (I have no idea how, sorry.)
- Use lispcoc’s branch of CDDA which manually re-adds lua.
- Remove lua-dependent parts of the mod.
I did No.3 with the most recent version (May 20th, 2019) and merged it with my own translation, which you can download here:
Bear in mind this downgrades the mod mostly to a basic items and gear mod, since the store no longer functions in the absence of lua support.