Portals: how to close or block?

near my house there was a portal from which any creatures which is not from our world. flaming eye - many blood of my is spoiled by this hellspawn. but a nightmare for me - is not a flaming eye but nightmare hunter. because i fire him - my buller fly through him. i try to punch them - he kick or punch at me and quickly runs away to not a long distance what not allow me to take good aim from rifle (pistols are not so good with them).

or maybe - like half-hearted solution to my problem, somebody tell me a way to effectively destroy these terrible hunters?

maybe portal can be blocked by build the stone wall around it?
may the portal can be closed?

I think monsters actually spawn near the portal, not in it. I don’t know the radius, but building a wall around the area should keep the monsters away from you.

If the flaming eyes still shoot beams of destruction, I don’t think a wall is going to help.

I’d suggest relocating your base.

I believe that enogh triffid queens can override anything.

[quote=“wad67, post:3, topic:12955”]If the flaming eyes still shoot beams of destruction, I don’t think a wall is going to help.

I’d suggest relocating your base.[/quote]

I believe flaming eyes no longer have death star laser vision. They’ll still mess you up when they look at you, but they don’t rip huge holes in the map when they do it. The first time I encountered one in a lab I about wet myself, on account of it firing from 3 tiles away and blowing away a path of destruction. And all the creatures next to it came right down that path.

Good times.

[quote=“TheWumpus, post:5, topic:12955”][quote=“wad67, post:3, topic:12955”]If the flaming eyes still shoot beams of destruction, I don’t think a wall is going to help.

I’d suggest relocating your base.[/quote]

I believe flaming eyes no longer have death star laser vision. They’ll still mess you up when they look at you, but they don’t rip huge holes in the map when they do it. The first time I encountered one in a lab I about wet myself, on account of it firing from 3 tiles away and blowing away a path of destruction. And all the creatures next to it came right down that path.

Good times.[/quote]

They don’t fire the death laser anymore, but they can still cause catastrophic status ailments like fungal infection through walls. So it still isn’t safe to be nearby.

also as some fires arounds me and i teleported.