Piercing Dmg overpowered?

@eternalflame already did that but it just made the character suck with limited growth potential more than raising monster difficulty by modding them all to be X5-X6 harder in terms of HP,Armor, a little Damage boost ,Additional Flags,Faster Special effects proc.

Are you saying liquid/gelatinous enemies should resist Bashing damage, but not Cutting/Piercing? That seems counterintuitive.

Are you saying liquid/gelatinous enemies should resist Bashing damage, but not Cutting/Piercing? That seems counterintuitive.[/quote]

Liquid enemies are the blobs/goo they would be rubbery like, so it would be hard to splat them normally but easy to cut and pierce. (But I’d rather just spray the fire extinguisher on them anyway as it’s easier to kill them with it.)

Idea: make robots impervious to everything but fire.

That way we can kill it with fire.

Stevenson, I do believe we have a troll about. Because you seem to not know much about the game for we have no plastic enemies and the goo people aren’t made of rubber. Also, you seem to have no idea of how difficult cataclysm is.

If you want more difficulty play dark souls on the hardest difficulty with heavy roll and a controller that has been hit with a sledgehammer.

And now for the coup de grace: [size=12pt]If you don’t like certain aspects of the game, don’t use them. The great thing about cataclysm is the amount of options you can get for a single problem. And if you find the game not challenging then I’m at a loss, but no amount of modifying enemies to be harder on us less skilled players is really gonna help with that. I do think armor should be applied to crits, but you shouldn’t make robots arbitrarily more difficult just for realisms sake.[/size]

Stevensonz should learn coding and make his own branch. Everyone who disagrees with the direction DDA is taking is doing it.

Coding everything from scratch no, but I do know how to make a few edits and new additions on the files once you understand how it works. (also for some advance coding devs and other coders are happy to help/answer coding questions) I have a git hub branch and I use my time to push additions that are balanced and try to fix easy bugs.

@gtaguy well at least you agree on armor applying to criticals that reduces un-realistic damages (But criticals should have a cap chance of 70%-80% to simulate something called a critical as lucky streak not purely skill based)

Why do criticals have to be luck based? There’s nothing in the game to indicate they are lucky hits and not your character deliberately exploiting weaknesses.

for characters that are not skilled yet they are luck based as even with 0 skill you have a chance to randomly do a critical headshot with a gun or critical with melee. While highly skilled characters have a 100% chance of doing it right now because it pushes the critical chance to 100% and no set cap for critical chances.

Well, everyone gets lucky Stevenson.

And if I was lvl 2-6 melee I would probably hit the head or weak points like unarmored areas a lot more frequently. But it takes time to train to these levels. You seem to have forgotten that.

Stevenson, play with skill rust on. Your skill level won’t stay high for long and so the game remains difficult.

.45 ACP actually performs very badly against armor. Low velocity, large surface area.

Eh.

By ‘superslug’ I meant the high density alloy slugs people use nowadays.

for characters that are not skilled yet they are luck based as even with 0 skill you have a chance to randomly do a critical headshot with a gun or critical with melee. While highly skilled characters have a 100% chance of doing it right now because it pushes the critical chance to 100% and no set cap for critical chances.[/quote]
I see no issue with the ability to become skilled enough to know exactly what you’re doing with a given weapon.
It is currently easy to get a weapon skill to the point of all critical hits, I believe it should be (much) harder to get to this point

When you are a genuine master at something, you do not need to rely on luck to strike an enemy in a critical area, especially when they’re as stupid as a zombie, even robots always have gaping weak spots to exploit: propulsion, weapons, sensors, all highly vulnerable spots that are impossible to hide without circumventing their purpose.

I would like to see tiredness and pain have a more significant effect on aiming and critical hits though, I seem to be able to burst fire critical waves of zombies even if I’m exhausted and a bear just ripped my leg off.

I would like to see tiredness and pain have a more significant effect on aiming and critical hits though, I seem to be able to burst fire critical waves of zombies even if I'm exhausted and a bear just ripped my leg off.

awww cmon it’s just a flesh wound!

[quote=“xLemor, post:93, topic:1786”]

I would like to see tiredness and pain have a more significant effect on aiming and critical hits though, I seem to be able to burst fire critical waves of zombies even if I’m exhausted and a bear just ripped my leg off.

awww cmon it’s just a flesh wound![/quote]
indeed. It’s more like your leg suddenly fell victim to pins and needles, at which point you are required to report to the local hospital for assimilation reconstructive surgery, to remove the said effect of pins and needles.

Ahem.

If you find your skills are too high [size=14pt]DON’T FUCKING TURN SKILL RUST OFF![/size]

Seriously, if you find that getting super high levels is easy turn on skill rust. BUT GTAGUY IT’S SO QUICK! Well you are the one saying the game was too easy, now it’s too hard? Go fuck yourself.

I somewhat agree with you, but a ‘super high level’ is not necessary to burst fire a half dozen zombies in the head every turn, and it should be

Skill rust determines how hard it is to stay at that level, but getting to that level is pretty easy even with skill rust on.

I blame focus being absurdly easy to keep above 50% with just some cigarettes/alcohol.

Comedown from long-term alcohol use ain’t pretty.

The addictions in the game can be shaken off with a few days of rest. They are really a non-issue by the time you need to stop taking them for their morale boost. Since you already have massive stats and a safe base to stay.

[quote=“gtaguy, post:95, topic:1786”]Ahem.

If you find your skills are too high [size=14pt]DON’T FUCKING TURN SKILL RUST OFF![/size]

Seriously, if you find that getting super high levels is easy turn on skill rust. BUT GTAGUY IT’S SO QUICK! Well you are the one saying the game was too easy, now it’s too hard? Go fuck yourself.[/quote]

You need to stop coming up with these erroneous assumptions and then completely losing your shit over them. In my last game I got firearms to 12, with full skill rust on, before I’d found enhanced memory banks. I always play with full skill rust on and since 0.5 I’ve had no trouble raising my primary combat skills into the double digits.