Peacoats protect against rain!

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Man I hate rain.

Anything with warmth 30 or over protects against rain. :stuck_out_tongue:

IIRC it needed to go in the Torso or full-Body slots, too. Cursory wiki check indicates that:
Fitted (-1 Encumbrance) Sweatshirts, Sweaters, Hoodies, and the Wool Poncho (fitted or not) would all be suitable for melee fighters.

[quote=“Iosyn, post:2, topic:1117”]Anything with warmth 30 or over protects against rain. :P[/quote] What!? Wait does it need to cover my torso or can I just wear winter boots and get never be wet again :D?

Edit: Nvm lol the other guy posted right when I did :P.

I’m actually kinda skeptical about the hoodies to be honest… Has anyone actually ever worn one in the rain?
It’s not pleasant. You’ll be soaked to the skin in no time at all.

Honestly I think a trenchcoat needs a bit of a buff comparatively.

[quote=“Iosyn, post:5, topic:1117”]I’m actually kinda skeptical about the hoodies to be honest… Has anyone actually ever worn one in the rain?
It’s not pleasant. You’ll be soaked to the skin in no time at all.

Honestly I think a trenchcoat needs a bit of a buff comparatively.[/quote]
Yeah, sweatshirt-type fabric as well as sweaters (yarn!) isn’t actually all that great at water-resistance. Trenchcoats, by comparison, are generally somewhat weatherproofed. (That’s kinda their point IRL: Trenchcoat stops the rain before it soaks your Suit.)

Perhaps a better solution might be making separate “Water-Resist” (half-off weather effects) & “Waterproof” (as currently) tags similar to Fitted, and have Water Repellent sprays available in sporting-goods, clothing, or perhaps hardware stores. Crafted gear would need spraying but found gear might come with the tag.

Things warmer than 20 only work for keeping you dry in drizzles, I think it 50 for proper rain.

OK, so there’s no 0-Encumbrance rainproof. Probably best to make a Fitted Leather Trenchcoat then, or just eat the rain penalty.

realistically this is a future setting and even now we’re water-proofing cloth clothing. just fyi, completely plausible for a hoodie to be highly water resistant

At least there’s no “problem” regarding protection when you’re caught in an Acid Rain in the middle of nowhere. Which was, sad but true, the cause of death for the last 3 games.

Will tents protect you from acid rain?

[quote=“Flare, post:11, topic:1117”]Will tents protect you from acid rain?[/quote] I believe they do.