Optimum Settings

I’m looking to alter the options to make a more realistic game setting, by that I mean what would it take to set the game up so that I have something to do in the long run because atm all I find myself doing is scavenging food and then im sorted, I have no reason to leave my safehouse and it gets really boring. I guess what im looking for is a way to make it more realistic with zombie spawns and loot generation.

Ideally I want it so there’s a late game option apart from travelling the map, I mean what’s the point in farming if I start in Spring because even if the seasons change every 14 days I still have more than enough food to last me, it just gets boring etc. Is it possible to make it so that zombie spawns are realistic as in they spawn in but move about because ive tried tinkering with wandering spawns and all that happens is I run into a horde that just suddenly appeared infront of me full of about 32 zombies and it just doesn’t feel right.

I feel like it would be interesting to make up systems that you can enforce through the debug menu.

For example, if you want to reduce food stores, make it so that you can exchange mass quantities for something else.

Also, you might want to give “colonization” a go. Set monster spawns to 50.00 (maybe lower upgrade speed) and head to a new section of map. Sure, it still requires travel, but it also gives you a fun challenge that in the long run, will take a long time to clear, while also avoiding any weirdness with hordes.

Heck, you could be lazy like me and not bother butchering or pulping corpses too. I don’t know how the horribly mutilated corpses still manage to revive, but they do make things very interesting, and make blade traps extremely useful.