Opinions about state of hordes after update

Few months ago hordes ability to hear sound has changed.

What does it changed:

[ul][li]Sound for hordes calculated more “naturally”. Alsmost like sound actually reach horde;
[/li]
[li]Hordes now able to heard sound not only if player on surface level. Now sound source z-level used. Also note that sound from underground will be heavily reduced. Lower you are - lower the sound;
[/li]
[li]Hordes will NOT react to almost any sound from crazy distance as it was before;[/li]
[li]Hordes will hear only really lound sounds that loud enoug to leave so called “reality bubble”. So hordes may hear sound only more than 60;[/li]
[li]Hordes will react to non-silenced gunshot from around 7-8 overmap tiles. So if you deep in wilderness then you may use firerarms safely (almost). Hovewer there is lot more lound sounds than gunshots, so be carefull while exploding mininukes - it will draw horde attention for 13 overmal tiles;[/li]
[li]Also you may use cars without big risk of attracting hordes;[/li]
[li]Maximum hearing distance for hordes capped with 13 overmap tiles now. So deep in wilderness you can do anything.[/li][/ul]

This update supposed to make hordes much more playable for average player.

So it is time to ask - do you like changes after playtesting? What do you think about current state of hordes after update? Do you think that playing with hordes too easy or still too hard?

Right now hordes leave the intended aria in the city and ghater up in the center or somewere close ,leaving you free hoses and other building to loot you can go around the outskirts of a city the first time to activate them and then when the gather up you will have tons of loot to take …or shoot HEAT or HE tank rounds in the middle of them :slight_smile:

I kinda don’t have a problem with this because if a hord hears you , you’ll need to run and maybe abandon your home.

BUT it makes the game to easy …i have a caracter with lv 8 mecanics ,electronics and fabrication…lv 3 first aid ,surv and rifles all from books that i got for free after i left and came back…

[quote=“TeSparg, post:2, topic:13347”]Right now hordes leave the intended aria in the city and ghater up in the center or somewere close ,leaving you free hoses and other building to loot you can go around the outskirts of a city the first time to activate them and then when the gather up you will have tons of loot to take …or shoot HEAT or HE tank rounds in the middle of them :slight_smile:

I kinda don’t have a problem with this because if a hord hears you , you’ll need to run and maybe abandon your home.

BUT it makes the game to easy …i have a caracter with lv 8 mecanics ,electronics and fabrication…lv 3 first aid ,surv and rifles all from books that i got for free after i left and came back…[/quote]Also there is one more thing. How do you think hordes come to sound source quickly enough?

There one thing, called horde interest. Bysically it is chance to move to sound direction (if I undertand it right). So it is affects speed of moving horde.
That interest also slowly decrasing with time.

There is chance that after rework interest increase may be off so hordes moving to gunshot source not quickly enough. How do you think?

Now I am sure that after update hordes was less agressive than it should be.
So that is PR to change that: