On crutches - fences roam? - it's SOME! :)

Litppunk thanks you so mutch. you say what i exactly want to say.

machine-translators sucks :frowning:

my apologies.

I personally enjoy Vivat’s jumble of Google Translate phrases tied together. But a clear cut answer is just as fine too.

I tend to find it a little endearing that he tries, even if the result is often a confusing word puzzle. The fact that he seems pretty patient and eager enough about the game to go to this trouble keeps me from getting irritated at his posts.

I reckon he’ll eventually picking up some functioning level of the English just from being exposed to it repeatedly and seeing the translator’s results. Sorta wish I knew more Russian actually, but I don’t have reason to visit enough Russian websites or watch Russian movies to learn it myself. Most of the stuff I know is insults from playing War Thunder on European servers.

Going back to the point of the post, with no legs but fearing for my life, id climb any fences with my arms!
Though i’ll probably take WAY more time. But isnt that already in the game?

In the other topic, what is your original language, Vivat?

I believe it is Russian. I saw his name a few times in the Russian translated version of the CDDA forums.

why beleave?
not beleave!
i’m a Russian :slight_smile: Putin on medved with vodka and balalaika! kha-ra-show!
with the ugly and square accent.
joke…
:slight_smile:

hmm. not thinked so. i wil try to brake arms too :slight_smile: and see.
maybe arms helps me to climb on the fences.
if that so - thanks you for a “work version”.

if that so - thanks you for a “work version”.[/quote]

I could see climbing fences using only your arms, if you have enough upper body strength. Run the test man, let us know the results!

But can you climb fences with only your legs?

if that so - thanks you for a “work version”.[/quote]

I could see climbing fences using only your arms, if you have enough upper body strength. Run the test man, let us know the results![/quote]

Climbing rope using only upper-body strength is very difficult. I would expect the same of chainlink. I would also anticipate considerable difficulty in hauling oneself over the top of the fence to the other side, especially given the barbs which make a nice habit of tearing one’s clothing in the process.

I know, but it’s still possible, and you have to count that you are doing it to save your life.
Edit: grammar

And yet, we can’t ride a bicycle more than 500 meters without collapsing in exhaustion, let alone accelerate through an intersection in any less than 5 minutes.

XD the inconsistencies are the funniest I think. Character is such a badass, except when they are incompetent/incapable in a hilarious fashion.

verse (not to rhyme), which I found in the vast FIDO
"If you cut off the wings of a bird
if the legs cut off, too -
bird just die of boredom,
because (a bird) can not sit. "

So - what, then, my second part of the "Le ballet de la Merlaison"
on the advice of some friends, I was “cut off” their hands and let the zombie dog “Gnaw” I am so dear to my heart my upper limbs. and I went to the fences.

if before that I admired indignant over the fact that you can get to the fence, and all speculated that I was raised by force of hands, then without legs - and you can, as it turns out, without hands. what a twist! a plot twist ©! :slight_smile:
This is something, guys, really, SOMETHING!

go to look for traps or something, bite themselves and legs - full of happiness,
and that in this way - without arms, without legs - jumping fences :slight_smile:

offtopic: guys, well, I can not without colorful expressions !!!
I love this game by a strange love. :slight_smile:

I came up with a puzzle
"Hands-free. No legs. jumping."
clue: the game character in the CDDA :slight_smile:

UPD: YEAH! i DID IT! i without hands and withoud legs. and i climb fence. :slight_smile:

UPD2: No, it would be nothing, it would be all right, if not one "but"
I, as I put it, in a certain way - a girl … that’s the incident !!!
would my character - a man - there would be no questions https://rutube.ru/video/179c3133271b381a12295d24054a5ad6/ :wink:

Actually, isn’t it even more beautiful than that? From using crutches to climb fences, to using a translator to pass the language barrier? =)

That’s actually an interesting point. Where are the chainlink fences with barbed wire on top? Those are very very hard to climb without first cutting the barbed wire, and you would be quite likely to hurt yourself in the process.

The barbed wire fences that are currently in the game are of the much lower variety, used for animal pens, and fairly easy to cross unless you are in too much of a hurry.

Chainlink fence:

Barbed wire fence:

Where are these?

Actually. While the chain link is correct depending on the fence (commercial or no) I think that barbed wire fence is actually a bit more than what you would likely encounter for larger properties. (at least for cattle which is the variety I usually see. It probably is correct for farms and the like, but when I think barbed wire fence, this is what I think of:

As you can see, it is much easier, especially burdened to cross a fence like this either in-between posts, or using the post as a prop to sort of “vault” it.

Goat fences often come with less-no barbed wire than this one, but with, could be, hypothetically called a barbed wire fence, and depending on the gear you had/how fence was set up, could be easier to cross than a true barbed wire fence.

There are also ones similar to what you are referring to that are called razor-wire fence. They don’t actually have barbs on top, but instead broad headed, razor blades that would do more than just poke a hole in you but slice you clean through and (maybe?) have you almost bled out before you can finish crossing the fence if you do it wrong. Usually done with a full coil on top would be another step over the barbed wire topped commercial fences you are referring to.

[quote=“HeadWar, post:35, topic:12088”]Chainlink fence:

This is actually the variety I am referring to, by far the most common in civilian applications. I reinstate my position that it is extremely difficult to cross this fence without the help of legs to push oneself over the final few inches. See how the wire extends slightly past the top rail? I’m not saying that represents a severe bodily hazard, but one can easily snag one’s clothing or suffer minor injuries if one is not careful, even under ideal conditions. This type of fence can be easily crossed using a piece of old carpet, which would mitigate the issue, but I am still doubtful it could be done using exclusively upper-body strength.

and by god, what a beautiful post, vivat.

learning foreign launages is realy hard, schools are terrible at this, im learning ADVENCED level of english in school and only few of us can count from one to houndred or say something more than hello and goodbye

presonaly i learned english from games because in my times it was nearly impossible to find non english games
at start i was able to only understand by guessing from context (it took me 2 hours to understand “Ready? GO GO GO!”)
later i got cd with translator, it maked easier to understand what i am reading and i learned few words
but everything changed with internet, by reading a lot of text i started to learn words and how to use them

only my grammar is terrible, but its not only in english but its getting better

*made it easier to understand :slight_smile:

[quote=“vivat, post:33, topic:12088”]UPD: YEAH! i DID IT! i without hands and withoud legs. and i climb fence. :slight_smile:

UPD2: No, it would be nothing, it would be all right, if not one "but"
I, as I put it, in a certain way - a girl … that’s the incident !!!
would my character - a man - there would be no questions https://rutube.ru/video/179c3133271b381a12295d24054a5ad6/ ;)[/quote]

1. Do you have parkour expert?
  2. How many turns (measured in 6 seconds if you have a watch) did it take?
  3. Does your male character posses the most desired of traits, ‘Prehensile Penis’?