NPC dialog glitch in 9620

Random generated NPC encounter.

npcdialog

I don’t really follow how the dialog system works. I had a quick look at the code, but shrug.

1 Like

I don’t know what’s going on here, either. I’ve been seeing this for a while, I wrote a specific unit test case to help debug it, and the unit test case works every time. It’s very confusing.

i don’t know if this is true but few days ago, i see on the github repo there is some sort of JSON enforcement that causing mods in-game bugged. is it related to that or different problem?

That’s an entirely different issue. The NPC’s have perfectly valid JSON, they just don’t seem to have an NPC class when you ask them their job.

hmm interesting…

sadly i don’t have knowledge in coding but i believe github team will be able to fix it.

Just as a note, the reason I have the “Great contributor” tag is because I am an active developer/contributor who has done 70+% of the recent work with NPC dialogue. So for this bug, I basically am the github team.

Finally got the bug to reproduce when I was awake enough to do something about it. Apparently randomly generated NPCs were getting the NPC_MISSION_TRAVELLING mission, which makes sense, but there wasn’t a response coded for that mission. Simple enough to fix.

5 Likes

allright… glad to see the problem solved easily.