No violence character, is it possible?

Speaking of pacifist with thick skin… I had a character in stable.

He wore power armor and tried to hack through the computer guarding some lab goodies, but he didn’t knew about computer. Every time he hacked, a secubot or a manhack popped out. His computer skill went from 0 to 3 when he finally succeeded. By then the whole room was flocks of secubot swimming in waves of manhacks. For a moment I was afraid that he would starved inside the robotic walls. Fortunately he wiggled out. The robot army followed him through dissectors and exploded one by one.

^^^

These two posts are gold

I blaim my deathmobile in deaths of all of these poor zeds.

I’d say be faster than everything that could eat you! Really fast. Until you get power armory, that is.

It is possible, I tried doing a few runs as a middle school girl with RPish stats, so low strength and high dex/int to compensate.

Relied mainly on rollet skates to lure away zeds, traps(specially pits) and smoke bombs/molotovs when raiding cities and mainly stood away from them, living more on woods.
Although did quite some hunting so I don’t know if hunting for food can be considered too violent.

Relied mainly on rollet skates to lure away zeds, traps(specially pits) and smoke bombs/molotovs when raiding cities and mainly stood away from them, living more on woods.
Although did quite some hunting so I don’t know if hunting for food can be considered too violent.[/quote]

Though hunting is not a part of pacifism, I think it could be done as a part of survival. But then again, everything you do (including killing zeds) counts as a part of survival so I guess that’s kind of a moot point.

Let’s not forget about flashbangs! They give precious time to escape.

But let’s talk philosophy. If you start a fire in a house, and a zombie walks into the house and dies, does it count as a kill? Or is it a kill only if it gets recorded in the ‘kills’ statistics? How much ‘spinning’ should be allowed (in PR terms)? Technically, whenever you start a new game, you are responsible for any deaths that happen during the game, intended or otherwise. And what if you whack a zombie with a bash weapon, sending it reeling backwards, giving you time to escape, and bit later the zombie dies at the claws of a wolf, but only because it was injured? Is the player responsible then? Or if a player lures a zombie towards a parked car, and then the zombie hits the fuel tank, thus starting a fire, and dies, does that count as a kill? How much must a person contribute to the zombie’s demise before it counts as a kill? How much of the butterfly-effect (chain of events) is allowed in order to keep conscience clean, or to tarnish it? Or does the intent count? I didn’t mean to kill it, therefore it doesn’t count? I tried my absolute best to avoid zombie death (although I did nothing to protect their existence), therefore it doesn’t count? Or should one go out of their way to isolate the zombies from danger?

Some helpful methods that I believe should help you retain your purity:

• Flashbangs
  • Invisibility (optical cloak and the relevant CBM; both rare of course)
  • High mobility (speed, dodge, low encumbrance, high STR for low relative carry load)
  • Tear gas in moderation outdoors, against living creatures. Heavy use and indoor use will likely kill living things.
  • Traps that immobilize.
  • Scent maskers (smoke, tear gas, a relevant CBM)
  • Stealth
  • Audible distractions
  • High STR might help move heavy furniture (shelves, fridges) to block the zombie path (doorways)
  • STR increasers (alcohol, adrenaline syringes, STR CBMs)
  • Adrenaline Pump CBM
  • Thermal vision to see zombies; better ability to avoid conflict in the first place
  • Parkour trait to better utilize obstacles during escape
  • Painkillers and alcohol to endure pain in case you get targeted and hunted
  • Tactics: luring zombies through buildings and closing doors behind you, buying you time; although risk of collapse if zombies destroy walls
  • Good stamina, or at least not a bad one
  • Oxygenator CBM

well, technicaly eating muschrooms and plants is not killing so you can hunt on triffids and fungaloids, you can alslo forage bushes in wild and raid empty camping sites

Maybe you could enable Magic Mod or Necromancy, and only allow yourself to use them in dire emergencies? OR use something like necromancy mod and use the raised zeds as meat shields, instead of NPCs, unless your against that too. I was thinking if it was the necromancy mod, you wouldn’t be hurting any NPCs, so maybe that would be OK on a roleplay standpoint. I dunno, just suggetions to maybe help, but I’m new and haven’t tried those mods yet, so YMMV.

I started a new playthrough and even though it’s not the nonviolence character I’m still heading toward it, because I got out of a lab with no kills. I only used an Emp, but that’s all (not really a true kill)

I almost completely forgot zombie pheromones!

Does making zombies friendly and letting them kill other zombies count as pacifism? You’re not directly killing anything anyway.

Actually, are zombie pheromones still in the game?

Yup.

And as always, you technically are not the one doing the violence.

I tried a similar approach (spend most of the time hunting, eating and sleeping). But the game became boring after a while.