Newspapers - Piece together the story of the Cataclysm (LORE FIXED)

Just had a look at the merge request, and tried to glean what i could by examining the ‘Files Changed’ code… Just a few quick questions

At the minute the objects coded in that merge are effectively single-page single-message objects? That’s fine if it is, by this stage most newspapers would have been blown to individual sheets by now, and if I really want, I can tell the item spawn code to generate a bunch of pages in the same place (pretty much what a newspaper is, although perhaps minus the order and somewhat more difficult to pick up… on the plus side though, much easier to seperate)

Secondly the item would need to be added to each location’s item-spawn-list that I would like individual sheets to show up, and if i would like whole papers to show up i’ll need to write an item-class, am i right?

[quote=“Ice-o-metric, post:21, topic:5909”]Just had a look at the merge request, and tried to glean what i could by examining the ‘Files Changed’ code… Just a few quick questions

At the minute the objects coded in that merge are effectively single-page single-message objects? That’s fine if it is, by this stage most newspapers would have been blown to individual sheets by now, and if I really want, I can tell the item spawn code to generate a bunch of pages in the same place (pretty much what a newspaper is, although perhaps minus the order and somewhat more difficult to pick up… on the plus side though, much easier to seperate)

Secondly the item would need to be added to each location’s item-spawn-list that I would like individual sheets to show up, and if i would like whole papers to show up i’ll need to write an item-class, am i right?[/quote]

The message can be as long and as big as you want. It will be displayed as the description of the item. The item information screen can be scrolled (’<’ and ‘>’) so the text length should be no problem.

Second question: yes, there is for example an item group “trash_forest” that is used to create trash when searching an undershrub.

You can use the fliers as template.

The message can be as long and as big as you want. It will be displayed as the description of the item. The item information screen can be scrolled (‘<’ and ‘>’) so the text length should be no problem.[/quote]
All I meant was that it doesnt/can’t break it into sections that you get from multiple read-throughs