Newbie Starter .71: Stay out of town strategy until buff

I find the game way more fun when you can live in cities and enjoy the fruits of apocalypse.
And i don’t think a newbie could survive in wilderness even with this guide because it has nothing said about shelter or avoiding freezing in the nights which is huge problem.
And again , all that could be avoided by spending the night at the local empty house.

Shelter is obvious. Just don’t start any fires too close to your evac shelter.

As for freezing at night, it’s easily remedied by a blanket.

Sorry for bad english. Here is my out-of-town-ultimate-survival-guide:

• traits: any (i go with night vision, robust genetics)
  • traits: any (i go with near-sighted, far-sighted, glass jaw, addictive personality, truth teller)
    stats: any (i go with 14, 8, 14, 11)
    skills: none

Things to do in shelter:

• craft stone hammers until survival 1 (sticks & strings from windows, rocks from the ground around the shelter)

Then take 2 strings(3ft), 1 stone hammer and go to nearby forest, punch young trees and do following:

• craft snare triggers until survival 3
  • craft wood arrow shafts until you have 90 of them
  • craft 90 field point wood arrows and craft wood arrow shafts until archery 2
  • craft a short bow
  • go kill a wolf\coyote\couguar (don’t fight with deers, moose, bears, etc). If you bleeding, cut up your t-shirt and heal or run to shelter. You need to butcher a bone.
  • craft a bone needle and return to the shelter

Eat strawberries if you aren’t full

You aren’t going to sleep tonight.

Thing to do in shelter:

• cut up sheets, disassemble strings to thread
  • craft bandanas until tailoring 1
  • craft glove liners until tailoring 3
  • craft backpacks, cloak, socks, light gloves, trenchcoat, cargo pants, etc
  • don’t sleep
  • punch every wood furniture in shelter, craft arrows, shoot, train archery, craft long bow, take every string, and as much sheets as you can.
  • meet the sunrise & go eat strawberies and hunt animals
  • you need 6 furpelts to craft a waterskin, and ~20 meats to train cooking 2.
  • if you din’t find a river or swamp - go to forest and search for apples, craft apple cider & drink.

Next target - shelter kit. Kill wolves, coyotes, etc. Craft waterskins, chop them up to get leather.
From now on, you’re safe.

Isn’t glass jaw a little risky?

Btw, I like it.

[quote=“Zireael, post:24, topic:2484”]Isn’t glass jaw a little risky?
Btw, I like it.[/quote]
Archery is overpowered, so I never fight hand to hand, and my head is safe. I can even go with “hardcore”.

Good guide. It might be worth adding crows to the list of targets to look out for once you’ve got your longbow, so that you can start making some proper fletched arrows.