New zomb type: symbiotic zombie

Basically a zombie that can absorb other enemies/lifeforms into itself and grow in size/lethality as it does… Or we could call it the Katamari zombie :wink:

So the symbiotes from spider-man right

Probably more like that katamari game that was beautiful…

Na-na-na-na-na-na-naaaaa Katamari DaZombchi Na-na-na-na-na-na-naaaaa

Pre-evolution Jabberwocks?

Sounds fun, remind me of this game.
Has anyone here played the Visitor game by Zeebarf? It’s about an alien parasite that in its’ basic form a small slug, this slug then can get inside other creatures by letting itself be eaten or sneak inside through body holes (mostly through the mouth or anus). The host then soon explode into a bloody mess and the slug emerges larger (perhaps by absorbing some of the host’s biomass) and some characteristics of the deceased host (like the wings of bird or scales of fish). This way the parasite constantly become bigger and with more powerful features. If killed it will spawn a fleshy, pulsating nest that will spawn other slugs.
Pretty disturbing IMO.

That does sound disturbing… Does anyone remember the Dream Cast game where you were a sentient sword, and you “mind jumped” from person to person. I don’t remember the name.

I like the idea a lot!

Well, Spiderman symbiote is just a fancy coating, pretty much :slight_smile: I’m talking full on absorption of other creatures. Maybe with every creature it absorbs it gains that creatures full HP, but loses 1/8th of its total speed per absorption (and it’d have to get stronger as it went along also…). Guess at some point it would lose the ability to move if that were the case, unless a minimum speed was set :> Don’t know, really, just thought I’d throw the idea out since it sounded pretty gooey :stuck_out_tongue:

The Blob, because we need an enemy like that, image it swallows cars.

Nothing seems in the slightest bit symbiotic about this creature. It’s more of a devourer/absorber/anything but symbiote.

Devourer zombie sounds just as threatening :stuck_out_tongue:

I actually want a symbiote that attaches to regular zombies and makes them more dangerous, but tries to run away when the zombie gets heavily damaged. No problem with a devourer though.

What would be neat was if you could somehow acquire the symbiote.

Of course, you’ve already got one, but we’re talking about a symbiote for infected individuals, so…

You kill a “symbiote” zombie, a “symbiote” critter is spawned that moves slowly. If you stand next to it, it tries to grab you and attach to you.

Something like that.

[quote=“GlyphGryph, post:14, topic:4368”]What would be neat was if you could somehow acquire the symbiote.

Of course, you’ve already got one, but we’re talking about a symbiote for infected individuals, so…

You kill a “symbiote” zombie, a “symbiote” critter is spawned that moves slowly. If you stand next to it, it tries to grab you and attach to you.

Something like that.[/quote]
Could it be a form of a mutation if the symbiote mergers with you. It gives a damage boost but drains your over all health slowly, but the draining can be counteracted with a suppressant of sorts, like painkillers or a strong numbing agent.

@deadmerits I remember that game, it was called Maken X. Had a copy once but I traded it, wish I kept it.

Anyone got a good picture to represent what a symbiote is?
All I’m imagining is basically slime-fusion creature.

Also, the Visitor creature would be highly entertaining if added.

It sounds like most people here are talking about something like Venom, or the Blob. Actually, there was one pretty neat story arc where thousands of Venom symbiotes invaded New York, that could be a good place to start.

The 2nd picture reminds me of those plagras (?) tentacle things from RE4.
We totally need more tentacle zombie monsters.

Triffids count? idk maybe. I’m now thinking of

So does that Visitor creature count as a symbiote, or aggresive parasite?

At this point, any new mob is better than giant tarantulas (omfg fuzzy death legs)