New world, damned parkinglot outside

Anyone have this kind of start?

If you can’t tell, there are 5 cars on this image: 1 car chassis on the top of the image and 4 flatbed trucks.

I wonder what happened here.

edit: This is a new feature isn’t it? A bunch of cars spawning in towns? Because I’m seeing them everywhere. Even a bunch of cars that do work. Now that I’m truly looking through the town I’m in, there are atleast 3 cars per window. It does add to the feeling of emptiness.

You are lucky, since so far i found only ONE truck working in lots of cars without engines or wheels or without everything :stuck_out_tongue:

There is almost always something next to a sewage treatment plant. It usually only has a little gas, but it is fully functional if fueled up.

I usually find a vehicle near the sewage plants, or in normal lots but it is usually just one vehicle. Yes there are now wrecked vehicles all over the place, sometimes one will work but for the most part they are wrecks, cool new feature on the game, more realistic.

Oddly, though, I am yet to find any bicycles. It would make sense for them to be inside of houses, or off to the side.

Oddly, though, I am yet to find any bicycles. It would make sense for them to be inside of houses, or off to the side.[/quote]

Odd you should say, I JUST found a bike in a parking lot, grabbed it and headed back to base, handy little thing indeed.

A note about working vehicles, right now any working vehicle you find that is not in a parking lot, garage, or other place where you could find vehicles prior to .5 shouldn’t have any gas in it, so carrying around a jerrycan or so might be a good idea.

Also if you are playing the nightly build or the dev version then you can now siphon gas from cars with a rubber hose! Which is a good thing because now gas tanks will only have 1-7% of fuel in them instead of 10-75%.

I generally find at least one vehicle in a parking lot half of the time. Sometimes it’s just a bike, sometimes a motorbike, sometimes a truck.
However I’m finding vehicles abandonned on the road quite a lot now, which is awesome.

Also what, no more cars with a full tank of gas?! Damn. I hate carrying around jerrycans.

Hmm. Are we gonna introduce a system for towing and/or breaking up vehicles that are in the way? Otherwise driving around in anything more than a bike is gonna get pretty frustrating. :stuck_out_tongue:

Just add in a recipe for a thermite bomb. Suddenly cars will become much less of a problem.

Well given the number of vehicles, that’s gonna be just as much of a pain in the ass :stuck_out_tongue:

I’d say a system that allows for vehicles to push other vehicles at low velocities would be idea. You could “nose” things out of the way.

[quote=“Benedict, post:11, topic:1358”]Well given the number of vehicles, that’s gonna be just as much of a pain in the ass :stuck_out_tongue:

I’d say a system that allows for vehicles to push other vehicles at low velocities would be idea. You could “nose” things out of the way.[/quote]

You’d have to admit, though. It’d be badass using your sub sonic truck like a terrestrial bomber.

You can move vehicles by smashing into them with other vehicles, if you’re careful. It works best with things like flatbed trucks.

I was moving through town, vehicles had gas in them, but they wouldn’t move very far. There also seem to be alot of clipping with the vehicles, where they are inside one another and still fully intact.

The funny thing about that spawn was that it was in a town. The shelter was just on the border of the town. There are a bunch of apartment complexes there, I love this new version. It feels as though you are the last man alive(You know, seeing as the NPCs are turned off by default). I also noticed that zombies are amazingly good at killing you now. I’m sure I’ve only been bitten once or twice before, but now, I get bit every time. And it burns.