New Trait/Mutation, 'Photographic Memory'

I got this idea playing a little bit back.
Essentially, it’s an upgrade to the good memory perk. Instead of slowing it, the trait completely stops skill rust (or slows it down even more, either or).
I’m aware that there is an option for turning off skill-rust, which I do use, it’s personally not always my favorite thing to do, but I see the appeal in playing with it on. And this trait could let you have an in-game reason for not having skill-rust affect you while having it in your game.

Now, it could be a pricey starting trait, mutation, or both.
I think it’d fit in well with the Cephalopod (the most intelligent of the mutants, makes sense they’d have this) and Alpha (to go with boosted brainpower, perhaps?) mutation trees.

Anyway. Just a little thought I had earlier, decided to share it.

The Enhanced Memory Banks bionic already does pretty much this - although having a mutation analog to it would be pretty cool, yeah. Should be pretty easy to replicate it as a mutation, at least, since the framework is already there.
For now, if you want the same functionality, though, you have this option, at least.

This mutation / trait is supposed to do memorizing recipes from the first reading.

Huh, yeah. That’s a better idea. And useful, re-reading books five times just to learn a recipe can be a hassle.

Huh, yeah. That’s a better idea. And useful, re-reading books five times just to learn a recipe can be a hassle.[/quote]

This would certainly be a worthwhile trait(expensive too). great for nomadic characters who might not have the capability or desire to lug around dozens of books with recipes that they cant learn yet.