New monster suggestions

They did that but more popular where piercing wepons like the streithammer(i have no idea whats the english name would be *its kind of a huge hammer) to deliver a deadly attack piercing through plate armour while also enabling them to pull down the enemy once the weapon is stuck in them.[/quote]
yeah, war hammers, picks, Lucernes, those two handed stabbing swords, and clubs were fairly effective.

Bludgeoning works well vs. armored humans because human brain is vulnerable to concussion. Shaking the brain around the skull is often enough to knock someone out.
Other way to bludgeon someone to defeat is by dropping them to the ground (to finish off with a dagger/half-handed sword). This requires the target to stand mostly upright.

So no, blunt weapons would probably be bad against robots, heavily armored insects and other simple beings without spots weak to concussion. Those would require pick-like weapons (warhammer, pickaxe, halligan bar etc.).

Why is this mildly humorous to me? I can just imagine them throwing down their weapons and going fisticuffs on each other.

Why is this mildly humorous to me? I can just imagine them throwing down their weapons and going fisticuffs on each other.[/quote]
this happened on more than one occasion in medieval times.

Hhehe

Hhehe[/quote]
fixed. It was a phone post, so autocorrect.

Hhehe[/quote]

People were healthyer then, also the cherry flavored cough syrup didn’t taste like cherrys at all.

Knight 1: YOU HAVE DISHONERED MY FAMILY, GOOD SIR!!!

Knight 2: HAVE AT THEE YE PESTANT.

Sissy smack fest

[quote=“wilson7755, post:88, topic:8812”]Knight 1: YOU HAVE DISHONERED MY FAMILY, GOOD SIR!!!

Knight 2: HAVE AT THEE YE PESTANT.

Sissy smack fest[/quote]
SOMEONE DRAW THIS

Why is this mildly humorous to me? I can just imagine them throwing down their weapons and going fisticuffs on each other.[/quote]
this happened on more than one occasion in medieval times.[/quote]

And is the whole premise of Akido.

Wow, a thread for crearimg monstrosities!

Scars- Dog like creatures with no eyes, they hunt by smell and hearing. They have needles in their paws which do damage and due to scarring of tissue, cause temporary encumbrance.

Can the monsters see your health the same way you can see theirs? Stalker-type monsters could have one score for how strong they are and another score for how strong you are, and switch between “attack” and “retreat” modes when they gain sufficient advantage or lose too much strength, respectively. Something like:

[ul][li]Switch to “attack” when Strength[sub]stalkers[/sub] > 1.5 Strength[sub]player[/sub][/li]
[li]Switch to “retreat” when Strength[sub]stalkers[/sub] < 1.2 Strength[sub]player[/sub][/li][/ul]

…might work nicely.[/quote]
Yes they can, and that’s what I was assuming a stalker monster would use, it would flee from you unless it thought it had the upper hand, then it would charge.

Woahh, does any moster actually use that?

Yes, if you ever notice some monsters never seem to attack you unless you’re hurt, you’re not imagining it.

So what does the lore allow as far as the evolution of monsters go?
No vampires or ghosts?
Would like to run into a renegade blobcolony that has turned into more aggressive approach as far as spreading goes taking living hosts and bursting out through hosts chest when mature.
Also goverment suicide squads would be intresting. Armed to teeth and trying to do their mission and then evacin back to the sea.

THAT FREAKING WOLF.

Yes, I have, in fact, noticed that. I have noticed a monster go after me when I was injured.

THAT FREAKING WOLF.

Yes, I have, in fact, noticed that. I have noticed a monster go after me when I was injured.[/quote]
Wolves attack you when you’re not injured. Especially dangerous in packs.

THAT FREAKING WOLF.

Yes, I have, in fact, noticed that. I have noticed a monster go after me when I was injured.[/quote]
Wolves attack you when you’re not injured. Especially dangerous in packs.[/quote]
…I’ve also died to that.

Meefs- Fungal mooose

Dire Gruebear