New HP tracker

Should be this.

Key:
B = Bleeding
o = open wound
I = Infected

Nice! Much improved over the current version.

Though I can’t help but get a nagging feeling with regard to the top two colors of green. Dark green is supposed to be max health, right? It’s not much of an issue though; heck it’s not even an issue at all. My OCD side just wanted to point it out.

Currently, yes, dark green is full health.

I just… don’t actually know why, hah. I think it makes more sense this way?

Just switch dark green and bright green. That does look like it makes more sense - the colors darken as they worsen, so the brightest one should be the best, right?

Having tried a bunch of different options with http://patorjk.com/text-color-fader/ I think one of the following works best:

Color1
Color2
Color3
Color4
Color5
Color6
Color7
Color8
Color9

Love it! Great change. I assume the values will be colored as demonstrated if you have the HP perk to show values rather than simply colors?

How does the infection indicator work? Do you know the instant a body part becomes infected? If it doesn’t make the game less fun, maybe the player can identify infection earlier if you have a first aid of 1 or greater maybe?

Right now, you are instantly informed of when a body party becomes infected. Later on, we might do a bit more hiding it a bit (not too much, really), if only to make things like the blood analyzer bionic have a point, and give us some more options in overcoming it.

Awesome.

OK, so no more than one open/infected wound at a time? If not, I trust one can clean wounds without penalizing an infected one, etc.

I prefer dark green as max health for one reason; it’s inconspicuous. It doesn’t catch your attention, so if you’re at full health, it just kind of becomes a background thing. However, as soon as you take a hit, your heath drops to a shade of neon green that’s visible from space, and you immediately know that you’re injured. I would really hate to have that situation reversed.

KA101, the general plan is to move bites and infections and bleeding to be body part specific, so using the appropriate item on that body part will also take care of any injuries on that body part. And yeah, I imagine Infection will just replace Open Wound (not Bleeding, though!), if only to simplify the treatment mechanics.

This color system works perfect

Red - Green colorblind here so I sincerely hope it will be possible to change the colors.

#219,#220? 9 steps, right? that’s twice as good as what’s there now! ty.

pls try #219,#178,#177,#176 or 25ish steps for the Self-Aware trait.

[quote=“wad67, post:12, topic:571”]This color system works perfect

Red - Green colorblind here so I sincerely hope it will be possible to change the colors.[/quote]

Does the

[tt]█████
████■
████.
███■.
███…
██■…
██…
█■…
█…[/tt]

proposal work better for you?

Keeping in mind that the length of the bar will be reinforcing the color. But I think it has a nice gradual shade progression as well, which you can see ok, right?

It looks best if Tritan colorblind, but at least seems workable if overwhelmingly yellow for Protan and Deutan (You would be Protan, right?)
Wait scratch that, colors you described are closer to anomalous Deutan than Protan.

The Tritan style colourblind folks are the luckiest of all on this front though. For them, this looks SO COOL. I might actually switch completely to those colours they are so neat, and I think you should be able to see them better anyway.

Are you planning to add more different kinds of wounds like broken bones, shrapnel wounds, dismembered, frost bite, cold, fungal infected, ect.
In dew time of course

I rather like this idea, it would be nice to have more than 4 stars of granularity when I don’t take Self-Aware.

However, I’m not sure if most terminals provide the amount of fine color variation that you’ve used. It would certainly be nice to have those fine gradations of color, but as far as I’m aware, you can’t really do that with a curses-based interface.

[quote=“GlyphGryph, post:14, topic:571”][quote=“wad67, post:12, topic:571”]This color system works perfect

Red - Green colorblind here so I sincerely hope it will be possible to change the colors.[/quote]

Does the

[tt]█████
████■
████.
███■.
███…
██■…
██…
█■…
█…[/tt]

proposal work better for you?

Keeping in mind that the length of the bar will be reinforcing the color. But I think it has a nice gradual shade progression as well, which you can see ok, right?

It looks best if Tritan colorblind, but at least seems workable if overwhelmingly yellow for Protan and Deutan (You would be Protan, right?)
Wait scratch that, colors you described are closer to anomalous Deutan than Protan.

The Tritan style colourblind folks are the luckiest of all on this front though. For them, this looks SO COOL. I might actually switch completely to those colours they are so neat, and I think you should be able to see them better anyway.[/quote]

As far as I am concerned that is far easier to see, and the bar for full health is a darker color so it does not draw your attention.
Great idea!

I almost forgot: what do you think marking/showing up cold/hot parts on this tracker as well? (A blue C and a yellow H, for example).

[quote=“Soron, post:16, topic:571”]I rather like this idea, it would be nice to have more than 4 stars of granularity when I don’t take Self-Aware.

However, I’m not sure if most terminals provide the amount of fine color variation that you’ve used. It would certainly be nice to have those fine gradations of color, but as far as I’m aware, you can’t really do that with a curses-based interface.[/quote]

From what I understand, Ncurses supports around a million colors. The main limiter will probably be the terminal/environment it’s run in, and with the brightness component and bar size, it should fail gracefully even in limited color environments, I think.

It does? Awesome! Guess I’d just have to make sure my terminal supports lots of colors, then.