Nether Mutations: Body Horror for Fun and Profit

If I thought losing was fun I’d play DF. :frowning:

But losing is ALWAYS fun! :smiley:

I’d been planning on putting some time aside to try and learn C++, and if someone doesn’t beat me to these I might try my hand at coding a few of them! Probably not though, knowing my track record with keeping up with projects… (Sorry Sexy Ka’lol D: )

…what happens when you go in water? Or go out in the rain?

Losing is not Fun. :frowning:

Regarding the latest batch, I’d like more details on 1; 2 and 4 seem OK enough; 3 and 5 are a bit much IMO.

The Rada stuff seems OK, I think.

I’m trying to think of more horribly disfiguring mutations… Cephlapod is pretty good with tentacles and such… Maybe Blank should just be I Have No Mouth Yet I Must Scream and something that covers up your eyes, hopefully while giving you an alternate way to ‘see’ because being perma-blind is no fun. Blank just makes your face featureless and mildly disturbing to NPCs. Bones doing horrible spiky things is always fun, losing tone is fun, er… maybe…

Or we could just go straight up Parasyte and have this happen.

Terrible pain. Because reasons.

But you are in constant pain because of the fire…
why would it being put out hurt more?

[quote=“detahramet, post:27, topic:2912”]But you are in constant pain because of the fire…
why would it being put out hurt more?[/quote]
Because REASONS.
And it’s a curse or something like that. Cope with the circumstances constant 10 pain or kill yourself.

Isnt 10 pain something that you get from a few scratches or mild burns?
Its more discomfort than actual pain.

[quote=“detahramet, post:29, topic:2912”]Isnt 10 pain something that you get from a few scratches or mild burns?
Its more discomfort than actual pain.[/quote]
This is the point, actually. It’s something like a constant itch that some schizophrenics suffer, you can’t get rid of it and it will slowly drive you mad.

Elona has this thing called ‘etherwind’ which basically gives corruption. Could be implemented similiar to radioactive rain. you go out in and you are more likely to get mutations.

[quote=“trusty_patches, post:30, topic:2912”][quote=“detahramet, post:29, topic:2912”]Isnt 10 pain something that you get from a few scratches or mild burns?
Its more discomfort than actual pain.[/quote]
This is the point, actually. It’s something like a constant itch that some schizophrenics suffer, you can’t get rid of it and it will slowly drive you mad.[/quote]
Or you’ll build up an resistance to it, as is often the case, and not particularly notice it.