My Two Cents/Suggestions:Expanded/Fixed NPC Gameplay, and Expanded Stealth

Major Suggestions

1. I think that the game would be better off with NPCS fixed and expanded. When I say expanded I mean given the option to get in cars with them/have them get in your car, a fleshed out orders system, trading and so on. It’d be a long list of things to implement and you’d probably have to rewrite the NPC system from scratch, but it’d add an invaluable aspect to the game.
  2. Stealth from zombies, and even other people(!) should be implemented. As it is currently you just need to stand still in the shadows for enemys to not see you, or peek across building corners to look out for enemies. I think you should be able to sneak, like in most games, instead of just having to plain avoid the enemies.
    Minor Suggestions
  3. I think you should be able to cut down small trees for heavy sticks with a hatchet. I can understand not being able to do that to a large tree with a hatchet, but we need to think from the mindset of a post apocalyptic survivor. Lots of options…

[quote=“x2yzh9, post:1, topic:43”]Stealth from zombies[/quote]Sorry for thiis kind of response, but where the hell did this come from? Zombies don’t need stealth, since they’re not avoiding humans. They don’t need to avoid humans, due to their sheer numbers and inherit lethality from that. They can’t avoid humans, because the thought-processing part of their brain was completely shut down and is incapable of ever function again.

I think you should be able to cut down small trees for heavy sticks with a hatchet.
You can already bash down small trees with anything, even your bare hands. They sometimes don't give you anything, though... that kinda disappoints me. Perhaps 'a'ctivating a hatchet in the direction of a small tree should give you 3-5 heavy sticks. I'm not sure about this, though.

[quote=“BadSniper, post:2, topic:43”][quote=“x2yzh9, post:1, topic:43”]Stealth from zombies[/quote]Sorry for thiis kind of response, but where the hell did this come from? Zombies don’t need stealth, since they’re not avoiding humans. They don’t need to avoid humans, due to their sheer numbers and inherit lethality from that. They can’t avoid humans, because the thought-processing part of their brain was completely shut down and is incapable of ever function again.

I think you should be able to cut down small trees for heavy sticks with a hatchet.
You can already bash down small trees with anything, even your bare hands. They sometimes don't give you anything, though... that kinda disappoints me. Perhaps 'a'ctivating a hatchet in the direction of a small tree should give you 3-5 heavy sticks. I'm not sure about this, though.[/quote]I guess I miscommunicated this. I think we can all agree zombies are to some degree have an odd sense of smell and sight. Generally they can pick up on a scent, and depending on the lore of cataclysm probably either have a heightened or burdened sense of sight-What I'm saying is the [i]humans[/i], people should be able to hide from zombies. Zombies shouldn't instantly catch sight of you as soon as you see them-You should at least be able to ingame crouch down and make less noise. Although this would probably require the coding in of a locational sound system, instead of the rudimentary one that's in place now.

[quote=“x2yzh9, post:3, topic:43”][quote=“BadSniper, post:2, topic:43”][quote=“x2yzh9, post:1, topic:43”]Stealth from zombies[/quote]Sorry for thiis kind of response, but where the hell did this come from? Zombies don’t need stealth, since they’re not avoiding humans. They don’t need to avoid humans, due to their sheer numbers and inherit lethality from that. They can’t avoid humans, because the thought-processing part of their brain was completely shut down and is incapable of ever function again.

You can already bash down small trees with anything, even your bare hands. They sometimes don't give you anything, though... that kinda disappoints me. Perhaps 'a'ctivating a hatchet in the direction of a small tree should give you 3-5 heavy sticks. I'm not sure about this, though.[/quote]I guess I miscommunicated this. I think we can all agree zombies are to some degree have an odd sense of smell and sight. Generally they can pick up on a scent, and depending on the lore of cataclysm probably either have a heightened or burdened sense of sight-What I'm saying is the [i]humans[/i], people should be able to hide from zombies. Zombies shouldn't instantly catch sight of you as soon as you see them-You should at least be able to ingame crouch down and make less noise. Although this would probably require the coding in of a locational sound system, instead of the rudimentary one that's in place now.[/quote]Ah, OK. That makes much more sense now. Sorry for my response :P

You can kind of do this already, raid at night and don’t use a flashlight. I’m almost certain the zombies don’t see you.

For the record, TDW has said elsewhere that he’s going to change zombies always spotting you.
As to making it a stealth mechanic, or simply a low probability one, I’m not sure, though the end result is pretty much the same, with probability being easier, and more sensible. And considering how poorly NPCs are in combat, do you really think we need more advantages against them? I do agree with them being fixed and expanded, though I’d never be a passenger to one. (unless TDW make them look FAR in advance of their travel path(s).

As for sound, I gotta disagree, as footsteps are all but silent already. Five to six tiles away is plenty close when you think about there being almost no noise at all in the world anymore.