Bigger hoards, idle & active zombies, sneakiness, and sounds

I have played this game since it was in development by whales and ever since static spawns were implemented making sound is not as big a problem. The biggest hoard I have seen lately was only about 15-20 zombies, before static spawn firing a pistol could bring 30 if your not careful. I would like to see those large hoards brought back along with more ways to avoided them.

So I got this idea from left 4 dead, some zombies are just banging their head against a wall, while others are on the ground. those idle zombies don’t even react to you unless you shoot or get close and stay too long. If this sorta thing was implemented in game along with better sound it would allow for more sneakiness options.
Idle zombies just sit around and barely move, they would ignore the player if there close with a chance to notice them each turn.
If the player makes a loud noise (like a gunshot or breaking a window) all nearby idle zombies become active for a bit and will hunt the player down like normal.
Active zombies would be special zombies and a few regular ones that wander around and can notice the player at longer distances.
Knifes & other small weapons could get a sorta backstab bonus on idle zombies.
Light step would get more use and shoes could also get a change where they make more sound depending on the type, sneakers being quit, boots being loud, etc.

I like all of this.

Sneakiness definately needs to be worked in/on. I like the idea of footwear having different sound adjustments. Might make going “Lone Survivor” a viable, tacticle option. I’m not exactly sure about the zombie idleness. I don’t think the idle thing would work well, as it goes: zombie sees food, zombie wants it. I’d like for there to be some kind of “detection” system like DayZ for sight, but that means different movements options and etc.

I think that the forums should get a search function. Oh wait, they do. This has been discussed before. A lot.

Easy lad.

Pretty sure things like sneak and just generally more emphasis on stealth as a viable option is planned, it just isn’t there yet. There are lots of thing to do.

Said every single forum member who ever felt he was superior or entitled to something more…

Shhhhhhhh.

[quote=“100Rads, post:4, topic:4549”]I think that the forums should get a search function. Oh wait, they do. This has been discussed before. A lot.[/quote]http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=4773.0

adding mods to crossbows has been discussed many times before too, but mine was the thread that “broke the camel’s back” so to speak; we can now(or will soon be able to) mod crossbows. if enough people get together and say “we want this feature”, eventually it will be added if at all possible.

[quote=“HunterAlpha1, post:7, topic:4549”][quote=“100Rads, post:4, topic:4549”]I think that the forums should get a search function. Oh wait, they do. This has been discussed before. A lot.[/quote]http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=4773.0

adding mods to crossbows has been discussed many times before too, but mine was the thread that “broke the camel’s back” so to speak; we can now(or will soon be able to) mod crossbows. if enough people get together and say “we want this feature”, eventually it will be added if at all possible.[/quote]

That’s a terrible reason to keep adding more threads, and shouldn’t be encouraged. Necro an old one if you must, but as has been mentioned, all of this has been said before (Yes, including the sneakiness and stealth just search for it…)