Mutation Ideas

I am contemplating adding a few new mutations to the game and would like to get feedback before committing to a pull request. Here are a few rough ideas.

Chimera mutation category:

When I was testing the Mutation Category PR, I noticed that the Chimera mutation is hard to breach because it shares a lot of mutations with other categories.

Unstable Form: Points -4: All your different parts were clearly not meant to be on one person. This makes it hard to coordinate them effectively, and diverts some of your concentration, which slightly affects your ability to think clearly. -1 str, --1 dex, -1 int, -1 per. Prereqs would be odd combinations of different forms.

These forms below would require Unstable form and Genetically Unstable, and would cancel each other out(so you could only have one form at a time), and genetically unstable would make it so you have constantly shifting forms. Balanced form seems like it would be a big bonus, but would require the threshold and Genetic Chaos, so you probably would not have the form for long.

Defensive form: Points 0: Your body and its various parts are tuned towards absorbing damage at the cost of speed and strenght - 5-10 spd, -1 str, -1 dex, +5-10%hp, absorbs 1-6 bashing and 1-6 cut damage.
Offensive form0 Points 0: Your body is primed for offense, but your thinking and ability to perceive things is affected. 2+ Strength +2 Dex, -2 Int, -2 Perception
Speed form Points 0: Your body is tuned to speed and agility, at the cost of strength. +10 spd -3 str +2 dex.
Strength form Points 0: Your body is optimized for strength, at the cost of agility and speed, +3 str -10 spd -2 dex
Balanced forum(thresh) Points 8: Your body and mind is perfectly balanced… for now. +2 str, +2 dex +2 int +2 per
Intelligent forum Points 0: Your mind and senses are sharpened, at the cost of your overall body strength. +2 int +2 per

[quote=“Frostwood, post:1, topic:9136”]I am contemplating adding a few new mutations to the game and would like to get feedback before committing to a pull request. Here are a few rough ideas.

Chimera mutation category:

When I was testing the Mutation Category PR, I noticed that the Chimera mutation is hard to breach because it shares a lot of mutations with other categories.

Unstable Form: Points -4: All your different parts were clearly not meant to be on one person. This makes it hard to coordinate them effectively, and diverts some of your concentration, which slightly affects your ability to think clearly. -1 str, --1 dex, -1 int, -1 per. Prereqs would be odd combinations of different forms.

These forms below would require Unstable form and Genetically Unstable, and would cancel each other out(so you could only have one form at a time), and genetically unstable would make it so you have constantly shifting forms. Balanced form seems like it would be a big bonus, but would require the threshold and Genetic Chaos, so you probably would not have the form for long.

Defensive form: Points 0: Your body and its various parts are tuned towards absorbing damage at the cost of speed and strenght - 5-10 spd, -1 str, -1 dex, +5-10%hp, absorbs 1-6 bashing and 1-6 cut damage.
Offensive form0 Points 0: Your body is primed for offense, but your thinking and ability to perceive things is affected. 2+ Strength +2 Dex, -2 Int, -2 Perception
Speed form Points 0: Your body is tuned to speed and agility, at the cost of strength. +10 spd -3 str +2 dex.
Strength form Points 0: Your body is optimized for strength, at the cost of agility and speed, +3 str -10 spd -2 dex
Balanced forum(thresh) Points 8: Your body and mind is perfectly balanced… for now. +2 str, +2 dex +2 int +2 per
Intelligent forum Points 0: Your mind and senses are sharpened, at the cost of your overall body strength. +2 int +2 per[/quote]

Worth considering, sure. Shame I’ve been tied up with everyone else’s PRs as this is the sort of thing I typically write.