Music.... Or media system?

Hi ya, I’m new here. I’m not native to english, so sorry for any grammar mistakes, or if I’m placing this in the wrong place (I hope not). What I wanna talk about is the music in-game. While playing I found that I can find music/photo files from unread memory cards an transfer them to a device, I was thinking to give them more details and even a name.

Mostly, all of this could be just randomly generated. A single music file would have a: Name, genre, duration, quality and file size. The randomly generated name could consist in ~3 parts, the genre is for the little lines that the game tells you when you are listening music (or even change the background music if using a well defined soundpack but that’s not the goal), the duration is for how much time will play until the next music (or the device turns off, if an option of listening a single music is added), quality affects how much morale the player gains from hearing it (I’m my imagination is like the enjoyability system like when eating tasty food, decreases morale gain if listened recently), lastly, file size is only important if memory cards have storage limits, I’m not sure if they have or not right now, file size could also affect the time needed to download/upload to/in a device/memory.

Also I was thinking that music files could be defined as well in json to, for example, having certain music files that improve the listener stats a bit, like hearing a heavy metal one increases slightly the pain resistance or a relaxing jazz that helps you to sleep (the latter could drain the batteries if the player falls asleep unless the option of listening a single music file is added). Even so, the definition type could be “digital_media” that has to do from music files to even photos, containing data of unique media or chunks to generate random ones. With this maybe the player could find a video movie in a memory card and watch it to increase morale a lot. This system could also add more missions, like a cowboy-like background that gives you a mission to mount a horse and listen to a country track, or a simple “NPC wants you to bring a single/several music files in a memory card of the specified genre to them”, they would need a device in their inventory for logic though.

That was my idea of a feature, I think it adds a bit of immersion, I thought on this one a morning, no idea why but it just happened. If this idea is listened, good. If not, well, thanks for reading anyway.

2 Likes