Muscles are tired and knotted message

I seem to periodically get a message that says "Your muscles feel like they are knotted and tired, along with random “Your body aches” and “Your body pains you” messages.

There’s nothing visible on the status screen, can anyone tell me what’s wrong? I did accidentally make my character eat a raw stomach because it was right above the cooked offal, but I though if there was a parasitic infection, that it would show up on the status screen.

[quote=“mentos046, post:1, topic:13961”]I seem to periodically get a message that says "Your muscles feel like they are knotted and tired, along with random “Your body aches” and “Your body pains you” messages.

There’s nothing visible on the status screen, can anyone tell me what’s wrong? I did accidentally make my character eat a raw stomach because it was right above the cooked offal, but I though if there was a parasitic infection, that it would show up on the status screen.[/quote]

Parasite infection isn’t visible on the screen.

But is that what’s wrong? And if it is, then how can I deal with it without antiparasitic medication, because none of that has spawned yet.

It is. You have one of the flavors of parasite infection. You need to find some royal jelly. Look for the basement with the electronic scrap and stuff, or look for a lab.

You can also craft it from a book.

EDIT: D’oh. Forgot about mugwort oil. Make some mugwort oil.

Thanks. I was worried that it was something totally incurable. What exactly are the effects of parasites, though? Thus far I’ve seen nothing but the messages.

[quote=“BorkBorkGoesTheCode, post:4, topic:13961”]It is. You have one of the flavors of parasite infection. You need to find some royal jelly. Look for the basement with the electronic scrap and stuff, or look for a lab.

You can also craft it from a book.

EDIT: D’oh. Forgot about mugwort oil. Make some mugwort oil.[/quote]

Regarding my basement. It’s been like 450+ days on my current survivor. Every basement of that type has so far spawned no items. Every other basement has some item, but those counters have always been bare.

You can also make mugwort oil, from mugwort that you can find by foraging. I think you need at least 3 survival though.