Most difficult situation you found yourself in

Not hunting down whoever wrote the description for the TT-30.

oh wait are we talking in game situations?

whoops.

[quote=“EkarusRyndren, post:20, topic:3645”]Just fell into a sinkhole. All I had on me:

100 Feathers, 170 Sinew, a Glass Jar, A Flashlight with 49% Charge, a Bottle of Gasoline, 9 Bones, 100 Black Pepper, 4 Protein powder, and an assortment of junk.

I lucked out and found a dead miner in the sinkhole, and managed to tunnel into a nearby subway. Found an artifact in the subway and eventually tunneled into a tower block basement.

Now I know what you’re thinking, that was lucky, why was this hard?

I now have to get out of the city without any weapons and this damn tower block spawned in the middle of the city.[/quote]

Artifacts spawn in subways? I havent been into one in about a dozen versions.

[quote=“jimboblordofeskimos, post:22, topic:3645”][quote=“EkarusRyndren, post:20, topic:3645”]Just fell into a sinkhole. All I had on me:

100 Feathers, 170 Sinew, a Glass Jar, A Flashlight with 49% Charge, a Bottle of Gasoline, 9 Bones, 100 Black Pepper, 4 Protein powder, and an assortment of junk.

I lucked out and found a dead miner in the sinkhole, and managed to tunnel into a nearby subway. Found an artifact in the subway and eventually tunneled into a tower block basement.

Now I know what you’re thinking, that was lucky, why was this hard?

I now have to get out of the city without any weapons and this damn tower block spawned in the middle of the city.[/quote]

Artifacts spawn in subways? I havent been into one in about a dozen versions.[/quote]

Presumably they spawn anywhere on all layers, I just happened upon one that wasn’t buried.

This was back in a pre-.8 experimental build, IIRC. I’ve just finished finished training my char from hobo to master archer, and thought I was ready to raid a nearby public works for a much-needed welder. So I sneaked there from the cover of trees, managed to off a good dozen zombies and several spitters. Decided this was a good time to charge in, then from a corner, a Shocker manages to shock and paralyze me. I managed to headshot it before it closed in, but then another Shocker crept from a corner and paralyzed me, bringing about 3 of its green pals and a Boomer as well. It got at least 3 good hits before I recovered.

I tried to shoot them, but was too weak to draw the reflex recurve bow due to pain. Making a run for it wasn’t an option either because of that. So, using one of the few matches I had left, I lit up the nearby corpse of the shocker and attempted to smack em with a crowbar I had in hand. Somehow, I survived, but barely, with only 1 and a half bars left in the chest and 3 in the head. This was cue enough to leave.

Now this is where the fun begins. I was sneaking through the trees back to the safehouse, when I somehow managed to find myself next to a bear. I tried to back away, but it was already close enough to provoke it. I dropped the cotton hat I was wearing and lit it on fire with one of my only matches left, trying to scare it away. Even then, it managed to close in and bust my chops. My head was less then one bar of health, and I was bleeding from the lips, but it stopped attacking, giving me time to at least stop the bleeding. I knew the fire wasn’t going to hold it off forever, so I threw some rocks from nearby, and I even managed to club it a couple of times with the crowbar. After numerous turns, I managed to kill it, with only a few from the fire to spare.

But that’s not all. Once I was very close to the safehouse, a distant cougar triggered my safe mode warning; it was clearly after me. With only one match left, I placed the bloody rag from the earlier encounter and made a fire from that. The cougar still pounced once, but by some miracle completely missed. Not risking a drawn out battle with it and any other potential predators, I tried to maneuver it away from the safehouse, did so, and bolted right to the place. It just went hostile as I closed the door in front of it.

And just to add insult to injury, I got a cold as I was sleeping off the injury, and after securing the public works, didn’t find a single welder.

Zombie bear waking me up after a long nights rest in a boarded up room… I guess it caught my scent and went through the boarded up window to say hi.

so… what happened? did it tear you apart or did you show that bear what being dead is all about.

so… what happened? did it tear you apart or did you show that bear what being dead is all about.[/quote]

It was a close battle between a man in a sleeping bag vs a raging zombear. So i nailed him to the wall with 60 nails from a battle converted nail rifle(that is really powerful on burst) but i got a deep bite wound to the head in the processes. I lost half of my sleeping cloths :frowning: for that intrusion!

Sounds unbearable…

Crashed my motorcycle in the middle of blob country.

It could still run, but the gasoline tank was nearly destroyed, and I was afraid it would explode and I would die a stupid death. I didn’t want to get surrounded fixing it, so I tried to run away to a nearby town and promptly got surrounded. Realized they could barely harm me with my Light Power Armor on, but that I couldn’t kill them fast enough to get away. They broke my eyeglasses. Thought I would die of thirst. Thought I was done for. Spent the entire night fighting them in the direction to my motorcycle. Thought I was having no progress, when suddenly I saw it. Got into it, got my replacement glasses, and drove through them. The tank did not explode. Here’s what I saw as I drove away:

Started a fresh game. Saw a nearby manor. Went to it and slowly cleared it out using a nearby trap field. After settling into said manor I soon realized I was smack dab in fungaloid territory. Fighting the slow encroach of the fungaloids as they slowly ate away at the mansion and I couldn’t run away without being swarmed. I died in the end… sniff Ornamental plate armor (fits) with katana. Killing and surviving off the fungaloids.

Got my hands on a sweet stash of firearms, so i decided to clean a little that town south from my shelter. I had some meth to help me in the task, once the effect wore off i walked back to shelter. Suddenly i was chased by 3 spiders and a couple of wolves, got poisoned and wounded all over, dead tired and weakened from the meth cooldown i managed somehow to kill the criters.
Once at home i spent two days only to sleep and recover.
From that day i quitted meth, only cocain from now on!

I had a super character, truck loaded with tons if guns & ammo, grenades, CMB’s from a lucky helicopter crash spawn, SWAT armor & a flaming German sword. I was clearing out a Lab when my character became sick, sleepy, and worse he would constantly hallucinate. I spent a game week just waiting out sickness & reading books in that lab trying to have my character recover. I had no food or water worry’s, no threat of monsters I couldn’t handle, or any explosives to get my character killed with. The sickness just wouldn’t go away so I eventually ended up quitting that character and starting a new one. I learned on the forms that my character was sick from alcohol withdrawal. I am so use to to early versions which ask you if you want to stop reading when you need a drink that they got sick from not drinking. I killed off an amazing character because I did not understand game mechanics.

[shadow=red,left][glow=red,2,300]I am my own worst enemy[/glow][/shadow]