More Armor mod (craftable Faraday suits, more XL armor)

Fairly self-explanatory title I hope. I made a mod that adds more armors for more variety. Some armors added are craftable with (I think) appropriate time and material costs. You can get the mod here.

New armors added
  • Faraday plate suit - full body plate armor that is electrically immune and occupies the outer layer.
  • Faraday chainmail suit - full body chainmail armor that is electrically immune and occupies the normal layer.
  • Leather jumpsuit - tougher version of the jumpsuit.
  • Armored leather jumpsuit - even tougher.
  • Tire armor - made from cut up tires, early-game, incredibly tough but encumbering.
  • Hard chest protector - similar to the hard leg and hard arm guards, but for the torso.
  • Conductive suit - made of woven steel and cotton, found from zombie technicians, uncraftable, not very useful as armor but provides electrical immunity and can be worn with footwear.
  • Floating backpack/rucksack - uncraftable upgrades of the backpack/rucksack, simply have less encumbrance.
XL versions of these armors added

Leather jumpsuit, armored leather jumpsuit, leather arm guards, leather gloves, leather armor gauntlets, leather boots, leather armor boots, leather armor helmet, scrap suit, metal arm guards, iron greaves, all chitinous armor, all biosilicified chitin armor, flame-resistant clothing (hood, suit, gloves, socks), sleeved/sleeveless cotton/leather varieties of trenchcoats/dusters, cargo shorts and pants, plate armor and components, armored gauntlets, armored boots, barbute helm, great helm, chainmail armor and components, O-yoroi, kabuto, faraday plate suit, faraday chainmail suit, (leather) backpack, duffel bag, tool belt, chest rig, drop leg pouches, tire armor

Plans/ideas for the future
  • XL cleansuit, hazmat, ANBC, and AEP - I don’t know how badly the suits would be compromised if someone were to attempt to combine two of them into one big suit
  • Exoskeletons - lower body powered exoskeleton (increased move speed and carry weight when powered), full body powered exoskeleton (increased strength and speed when powered), passive exoskeleton (transfers carried weight to the ground, no power needed), joint torsion ratchet exoskeleton (slows the player down, generates UPS power)
  • Anything requested by other people except more survivor armor because ew

Feedback welcome. If anything seems off, I want to know.

5 Likes

Maybe I’ll actually bother playing a giant freak mutant again now.

2 Likes

thanks for the mod my man

1 Like

Sounds neat, though complete immunity seems a tad OP (I can’t believe I’m saying this after seeing a shocker brutes crazy chain lightning). If there were more environmental shock dangers I’d find this more compelling. Is there perhaps a way to make a second version where it’s very high but not complete immunity, maybe around 90% ablation or the like? Otherwise cool, and I like the idea of more XL armours!

Well, I tried replacing the material in the Faraday suits with a material with high electrical resistance, but it didn’t seem to make any difference no matter how high I set the resistance. Electrical protection seems to be all-or-nothing.
I don’t think they’re too bad anyway, there are already items that give electrical immunity, the new Faraday suits are just less RNG-influenced sidegrades. They also prevent the wearing of rubber/turnout boots, so you become more vulnerable to acid in exchange. Also shocker attacks are unavoidable bullshit and needed a proper counter outside of super rare random loot.

2 Likes

Ah, fair enough. I guess that’s just how it has to be then. Cool.

Woohoo.
Too bad I’ll have to start over my char to be able to use it

If you open up the folder for the world your character is in, and find mods.json, you can edit that and add the id for my mod, “More_Armors”, to the list. Next time you load that world from the main menu it should load the mod in as well.

2 Likes

Me first update.

Armors added
  • (XL) tire armor - made from cut up tires, early-game, incredibly tough but encumbering
  • Hard chest protector - similar to the hard leg and hard arm guards, but for the torso
  • Conductive suit - made of woven steel and cotton, found from zombie technicians, uncraftable, not very useful as armor but provides electrical immunity and can be worn with footwear
  • Floating backpack/rucksack - uncraftable upgrades of the backpack/rucksack, simply have less encumbrance
2 Likes