Morale Related Traits

I had a few trait ideas that could affect what actions your character finds “fun” or “depressing”.
In a thread about pets, someone mentioned that if you had a pet like a dog die near you, you would suffer a morale penalty. If you had a trait maybe called “Heartless”, you wouldn’t give a damn over various things losing life in an already dead world. Like zombie children and “innocent” pink people. Maybe a criminal who escaped captivity due to the chaos might have this trait.

Another idea: If you mutated using fish mutagen, there could be a deep mutation that gave you morale when you get wet?
This can go well with a weapon mentioned in that one weapons thread. A super-soaker! You can probably shoot yourself to get wet. Of course, you can also argue that pouring a bottle of water on yourself should be possible too. The main point of the weapon from that thread was to use it as an ingredient for an acid sprayer though.

And even then, I’m not 100% on how being hot + wet works. Wet makes you sad, hot = bad. Can’t someone make those little handheld fans that shoot water for the summer? You could get a “Refreshed face” morale bonus. Or “Refreshed gills” for the fish one.

Here’s a random trait idea that was inspired by youtoo: Tubby
Sitting on your couch all day watching the telly seldom prepared you for the apocalypse. At least you enjoy all kinds of junk food. (Better morale bonuses from eating chips, pretzels, jerky, candy, etc). I kinda wrote it like a profession though…

This type of stuff is already in. If you look through the jsons you will find that some mutations have “good” “ignored” and “neutral” bonuses to the wet checks. In most cases this will just result in you being immune to water or have small morale bonuses, but if you really want to see what’s possible try debugging yourself a slime mutation and then getting wet, it provides some very nice and long-lasting morale bonuses.

(Also fur mutations make you get dry faster).

Morale penalty ensues for wet dog smell.

Morale traits… that’ interesting. Here we go! [size=6pt]<cerebella.png>[/size]
“Broken”: You have no feelings. Literally. No feelings at all. Good, bad, neutral - who cares? You can gain it by suffering from INSANELY low morale. -9000 maybe?
“Twisted”: You’re veeeeery fond of killing living things. Morale bonus for some good carnage.
“Nordic Type”: Cold like a stone. Lowered morale income/outcome.
“Extatic”: High morale makes you laugh hard and happy. Guess what, zombies have no sense of humour.

[quote=“trusty_patches, post:4, topic:3578”]Morale traits… that’ interesting. Here we go! [size=6pt]<cerebella.png>[/size]
“Broken”: You have no feelings. Literally. No feelings at all. Good, bad, neutral - who cares? You can gain it by suffering from INSANELY low morale. -9000 maybe?
“Twisted”: You’re veeeeery fond of killing living things. Morale bonus for some good carnage.
“Nordic Type”: Cold like a stone. Lowered morale income/outcome.
“Extatic”: High morale makes you laugh hard and happy. Guess what, zombies have no sense of humour.[/quote]

Don’t extremely low morale levels cause suicide? Or is that not implemented yet?

That should be a lottery. 50/50 - you off yourself of you’re gaining this perk.

How about going with “Depressive” once you hit a month or so seriously under a certain limit, like -35?
AND if you have enough First Aid knowledge and a supply of mood elevators, you could perscribe yourself a treatment? :stuck_out_tongue:
Go Web Doctors Go! :slight_smile:

I honestly hope this never gets implemented, it would make the game unfun to the point of being nearly unplayable in a game with permadeath.

In my option, a extremely low morale is about -1000.