Monster, which file?

Its not a bug report, its technical help :wink:

Which file are monsters stored in?

I am wondering if there is a way to regenerate wandering hordes. Changing spawn rate would be a bonus.

Hm, it seems that they are stored in overmap file. Too bad, since i cannot copy it over from another world or anything… Well, i could but that would be very silly.

What are these entries about, btw:

M 244 98 0 {“str_cur”:0,“str_max”:0,“dex_cur”:0,“dex_max”:0,“int_cur”:0,“int_max”:0,“per_cur”:0,“per_max”:0,“moves”:-120,“pain”:0,“effects”:{},“values”:{},“str_bonus”:0,“dex_bonus”:0,“per_bonus”:0,“int_bonus”:0,“healthy”:0,“healthy_mod”:0,“blocks_left”:1,“dodges_left”:1,“num_blocks_bonus”:0,“num_dodges_bonus”:0,“armor_bash_bonus”:0,“armor_cut_bonus”:0,“speed”:140,“speed_bonus”:0,“dodge_bonus”:0,“block_bonus”:0,“hit_bonus”:0,“bash_bonus”:0,“cut_bonus”:0,“bash_mult”:1.000000e+000,“cut_mult”:1.000000e+000,“melee_quiet”:false,“grab_resist”:0,“throw_resist”:0,“typeid”:“mon_crow”,“posx”:116,“posy”:31,“wandx”:-1,“wandy”:-1,“wandf”:0,“hp”:4,“sp_timeout”:[0],“friendly”:0,“faction_id”:-1,“mission_id”:-1,“no_extra_death_drops”:false,“dead”:false,“anger”:-99,“morale”:-8,“hallucination”:false,“stairscount”:-1,“plans”:[],“ammo”:{},“inv”:[]}

Monster stats are in the JSON, and their spawns likewise. You’ve found the records for existing critters on your overmap there, but should check monsters. and monstergroups.json.

It seems i wasnt particularly clear. Thats what i was looking for, monsters in saved game…

Lines starting with ‘M’ are specific monsters that have been created and spawned, but have gone out of the reality bubble. They do not move, but are put back into the game when the player comes near.
Lines starting with ‘Z’ are monster groups, hordes are just special monster groups, so that’s what you are looking for. Only monster groups move on the overmap.

Hm, it seems that they are stored in overmap file. Too bad, since i cannot copy it over from another world or anything... Well, i could but that would be very silly.

You can try this: append the entries starting with ‘Z’ and of type “GROUP_ZOMBIE” and the 8th number being 1 from another overmap, e.g.

Z GROUP_ZOMBIE * * * * * * * 1 * * * (each * is some number)
The 1 marks that group as a horde.

[quote=“BevapDin, post:4, topic:8185”]Lines starting with ‘M’ are specific monsters that have been created and spawned, but have gone out of the reality bubble. They do not move, but are put back into the game when the player comes near.
Lines starting with ‘Z’ are monster groups, hordes are just special monster groups, so that’s what you are looking for. Only monster groups move on the overmap.

Hm, it seems that they are stored in overmap file. Too bad, since i cannot copy it over from another world or anything... Well, i could but that would be very silly.

You can try this: append the entries starting with ‘Z’ and of type “GROUP_ZOMBIE” and the 8th number being 1 from another overmap, e.g.

Z GROUP_ZOMBIE * * * * * * * 1 * * * (each * is some number)
The 1 marks that group as a horde.[/quote]
Thanks! I see it now. I guess i can just copypaste bunch of Z entries to get myself a bigger horde?

What if i add the above number for triffid or ant or whatever Z entry? Would it start to wander?

What are the other numbers for?

For example, could i spawn myself a huge horde after i finish my villa? Hm, come to think is there a simpler way - i noticed a certain post:

[quote=“EkarusRyndren, post:4343, topic:47”]“I’m a bionic lizard-god, I’ll just spawn a few hundred zombies and see if I can take them on at full power… what’s “increase group” do…? …I’ll just hold it down for a second”

…Will report back if I survive. I’m not exactly prepared for this beyond being at full power. I’m wearing a glorified leather suit. Time to see just how powerful bionics and scales are.

EDIT: Not going well, about 1360 zeds in, which works out to about a fourth of the horde I spawned… Chain lightning burned most my energy but if I can fall back enough to get to the MFB to drain the entirety of my battery reserve I’ll make it.

EDIT: Overwhelmed, tried to use my built in teleporter to escape, only had enough power for one jump and sadly it dumped me deeper into the horde and got me killed. Probably would have worked out better if I’d used my power on Chain Lightning instead of Time Dilation. Oh well, time to load the backup.

Kills from the horde: 2106[/quote]

But i have no idea where increase group thingie is supposed to be.

Edit your key bindings and add a key for the “Debug Menu”, than open that menu, select “Spawn Monster” to do what it says. The increase group option lets you spawn several (many) monsters at once.