[Mod][5.2] XProfessions

Yeah, we all are. Copyright law is broken, and nobody really has any clue how a court would decide in practice. Feel free to go with CC-BY-SA, it’s a decent license for mods(unlike source code). I just wanted to debunk the idea that you have to do so.[/quote]
Okay.

Update: Version 5.1

Adds: Bionic Guard, Flasher, and Average Joe

Hello dear mod arthur.
There is a profession that is missing from your fine mod.
Its the Rifle Hunter one, I would greatly appreciate it if re-added it.

[quote=“Squirrel-Warrior, post:23, topic:5174”]Hello dear mod arthur.
There is a profession that is missing from your fine mod.
Its the Rifle Hunter one, I would greatly appreciate it if re-added it.[/quote]
Should be fixed now.
Enjoy! :slight_smile:

Id just like to thank you for the great work on this mod, ive found it thoroughly enjoyable, ive found little in the way of bugs, the only suggestion id like to make is to add a marine sniper or former marine sniper.

Thanks! Although it’s nearly impossible to introduce bugs into such a simple mod.

I like that suggestion! I may add a sniper class in my next update. :slight_smile:

Thanks! Although it’s nearly impossible to introduce bugs into such a simple mod.

I like that suggestion! I may add a sniper class in my next update. :-)[/quote]
Well awesome , and even more awesome that you are so active on it!

edit Just curious, do you make any items or are they all vanilla that you add to each profession.

I like that suggestion! I may add a sniper class in my next update. :-)[/quote]
Well awesome , and even more awesome that you are so active on it!

edit Just curious, do you make any items or are they all vanilla that you add to each profession.[/quote]
Right now, I’m just adding professions. All items carried by the professions in this mod are vanilla. My other mod adds in some new armor, storage units, weapons, and ties them together in a profession. Check it out if you want some new stuff, although I have to admit it’s another “more guns and armor” mod.

Ah, the Nanosoldier one? I was considering adding it in, it just kinda confused me as to the concept behind nanosoldiers. Ill probably download it and give it a look, once my current character dies of something horrible.

Wait what? CAVEMAN? TIME TO ALERT OG!
On a serious post, this mod is awesome and you should feel awesome.

Had to fix your code,
here ya go:

[spoiler][code][
{
“type” : “profession”,
“ident” : “rifle_hunter”,
“name” : “Rifle Hunter”,
“description” : “Your buddies knew you as the guy who always wanted to get out in the woods and shoot deer. They mocked you for your trapping and rifle skills. You’d laugh at them now, but they’re all dead.”,
“points” : 3,
“skills” : [
{
“level”: 1,
“name”: “traps”
},
{
“level”: 2,
“name”: “rifle”
}
],
“items” : {
“both”: [
“backpack”,
“jeans”,
“army_top”,
“socks”,
“boots”,
“marlin_9a”
],
“male”: [
“briefs”
],
“female”: [
“bra”,
“panties”
]
}
},

[/code][/spoiler]

There need to be a comma after the skill array for the Hunter profession.
Just copy that over your hunter profesion and you are good to go.

Cheers mate.

Edit:

Found another issue in your code mate, seemed that one of the skills for nail hunter profession, apparently “trapping” is an unknown skill. Fixed it for ya. For future reference, the skill name is “traps”.

Cheers

[quote=“detahramet, post:31, topic:5174”]Had to fix your code,
here ya go:

[spoiler][code][
{
“type” : “profession”,
“ident” : “rifle_hunter”,
“name” : “Rifle Hunter”,
“description” : “Your buddies knew you as the guy who always wanted to get out in the woods and shoot deer. They mocked you for your trapping and rifle skills. You’d laugh at them now, but they’re all dead.”,
“points” : 3,
“skills” : [
{
“level”: 1,
“name”: “traps”
},
{
“level”: 2,
“name”: “rifle”
}
],
“items” : {
“both”: [
“backpack”,
“jeans”,
“army_top”,
“socks”,
“boots”,
“marlin_9a”
],
“male”: [
“briefs”
],
“female”: [
“bra”,
“panties”
]
}
},

[/code][/spoiler]

There need to be a comma after the skill array for the Hunter profession.
Just copy that over your hunter profesion and you are good to go.

Cheers mate.

Edit:

Found another issue in your code mate, seemed that one of the skills for nail hunter profession, apparently “trapping” is an unknown skill. Fixed it for ya. For future reference, the skill name is “traps”.

Cheers[/quote]
Alright. Thanks. I’ll fix it in just a minute

Edit: Okay, pushed! Should work now!
And thanks to you guys who like my mod. :slight_smile:

I like it :smiley:

amazing mod! the samurai is so fun to play XD
do you still work on it?