Mobile base/deathmobile

A lot of people have lots of preferences on vehicle builds. I asked this question myself last year, if your interested in some reading: Same question as yours!

Looking back on my experience, I would say the smaller the better.

The Security Van you have should be plenty for interior room, especially when you take out the divider. Slap a few solar panels on top, add a storage battery to power stations. Then add damage giving panels to the front, like a ram or spiked ram. Shredders are super great, but take days of work to make. Then you can just roll around running things over. Not very fun, but effective. Loot, rinse, repeat.

A few tips to keep in mind before you start building.:

• You will need a hacksaw, makeshift welder, and something for drilling. You will also need a pallet lifter attached to a separate cart like vehicle to move heavy parts.

• Don’t start building without a vehicle equipped with battery charger (Humvees have them) and solar panels and a storage battery ( solar car/vans will be ready to go.) A lot of what you have to do will need lots of battery charges from that wielder.

• Start with the wheels first, before adding armor or anything heavy. You will need a lot more lifting power to do it after.

• Use “Stow Boards” for a lot of the outside. They have less hitpoints, but it will save a ton of space in the interior

• Don’t go nuts with storage. You really don’t need to be hauling around THAT much stuff.

• Get a freezer in there, very good for when you find a good animal to kill but don’t want to just dehydrate everything.

• If you are going to sleep in the drivers seat, make sure you hang curtains up.

Above all else, remember that vehicle movement is kindof messy. Monsters can glitch inside some times. Just, don’t drive naked into a hoard, OK?

3 Likes