Missing liblua5.1.so.0

Hey Forum,

same issue, separate post. I still can’t get my Cataclysm-DDA to run (it did before), I would prefer to compile it myself, but now I am just trying the stable precompiled build instead, until the other one works.

If I try to start cataclysm-tiles or cataclysm-launcher with my Terminal, I get the error:

error while loading shared libraries: liblua5.1.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I tried installing the apparently missing libraries using sudo apt-get install liblua5.1.so.0, but it gave another error about how it couldn’t find the package.

The issue is probably a very simple one, but I can’t seem to find it.

EDIT: I tried sudo apt-get install liblua5.1 and now it’s downloading. Sorry for wasting your time.

EDIT2: To make this post look less stupid, one question: What does the ending .so.0 stand for?

.so indicates that it’s a shared library, possibly standing for ‘shared object’.
The .0 is a version number for the library, normally what Linux systems do is install a file with a very specific version, like libstuff.so.0.5.26.4 then add symlinks to it as fallbacks to be more general, so the previous would have libstuff.so.0.5.26, libstuff.so.0.5 and libstuff.so.0 pointing at it. The system then sets a default by symlinking libstuff.so to whichever versioned file or symlink it wants.

So, I downloaded liblua5.1 but I still get the same error message.

Can someone help me?

Sorry for the doublepost, but it’s a different situation now. I got 1827 (the most recent experimental build) and if I try to run that one it tells me;

./cataclysm-tiles: error while loading shared libraries: libSDL2_mixer-2.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Soo, anyone knows what I can do about that? There seems to be no way of installing that libSDL2_mixer thing via apt-get.

EDIT: I fixed the liblua5.1-problem. I installed the 32-bit apparently, but needed the 64bit ones.

[quote=“Snaaty, post:4, topic:6887”]Sorry for the doublepost, but it’s a different situation now. I got 1827 (the most recent experimental build) and if I try to run that one it tells me;

./cataclysm-tiles: error while loading shared libraries: libSDL2_mixer-2.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Soo, anyone knows what I can do about that? There seems to be no way of installing that libSDL2_mixer thing via apt-get.

EDIT: I fixed the liblua5.1-problem. I installed the 32-bit apparently, but needed the 64bit ones.[/quote]
Snaaty, libSDL2_mixer might not be in your sources, Try doing a google search for that exact package, You might have to compile the library from source, or add the packages to you’re apt sources using

Thanks, I already guessed I had to do that.

However, I can’t seem to find a package libSDL2_mixer, only one without the “2”.

Will do further research and post my progress.