Mighty Weapons

[quote=“Sharklaser, post:19, topic:4837”]How about …
[glow=red,2,300]
MOOSEHAMMER[/glow]
[/quote]

Møøsehammaren!

I’d expect high-strength weapons to be a little more crude. Like tearing out trees and wield them as makeshift clubs, or fashioning entire giant bee corpses into darts. Also, being able to wield the fungal spire corpse as a sledgehammer.

[quote=“Sharklaser, post:19, topic:4837”]How about …
[glow=red,2,300]
MOOSEHAMMER[/glow]
[/quote]

oh my god, nearly ruined my comp when I spit over that…

this needs to be a thing. seriously.

1x moose corpse, 6’ of rope, 2x halligan bars, welder.

or 4x rebar, or something crazy awesome!

weld the bars together then tie that corpse to the top of it…boom, [glow=red,2,300]MOOSEHAMMER[/glow] destroyer of worlds and bringer of death.

Melee weapons? Meh. I’d like to see ridiculously large guns being used with power armour though. I mean, that’s basically what power armour is FOR.

Also, it seems to me that all power armour should allow you to carry some ammo, because what kind of idiot would invent power armour that lets a soldier only carry their loaded weapon and nothing else? 30 shots and the war isn’t over? OOPS. YOU’RE SCREWED.

Anyway, power armour is crying out for miniguns, grenade machine guns, 20mm anti tank rifles, etc.

Although the railgun that you can already use without it might render this a little superfluous.

I got a a good one.
Dragonslayer. It is basically a giant lump of steel fashion into an 8 foot long sword. You would have to have 30+ str to wield it though and probably make it yourself.

[quote=“Notquiteright, post:25, topic:4837”]I got a a good one.
Dragonslayer. It is basically a giant lump of steel fashion into an 8 foot long sword. You would have to have 30+ str to wield it though and probably make it yourself.[/quote]

Considering what happens in Berserk eventually… i.e. The Dragonslayer has killed so many supernatural beings that it becomes a cursed weapon capable of even destroying spirits with no bodies, could it be possible to make this thing “level up” somehow too?

Make it so that you craft it from steel AND A CURSED ARTIFACT and it levels up with killing of shadow creatures. Would that be possible? Can we make a weapon’s stats “read” your character’s kill count stats?

Failing that you could just have it level up somehow through crafting using bits of dead monsters.

[quote=“DG123, post:26, topic:4837”][quote=“Notquiteright, post:25, topic:4837”]I got a a good one.
Dragonslayer. It is basically a giant lump of steel fashion into an 8 foot long sword. You would have to have 30+ str to wield it though and probably make it yourself.[/quote]

Considering what happens in Berserk eventually… i.e. The Dragonslayer has killed so many supernatural beings that it becomes a cursed weapon capable of even destroying spirits with no bodies, could it be possible to make this thing “level up” somehow too?

Make it so that you craft it from steel AND A CURSED ARTIFACT and it levels up with killing of shadow creatures. Would that be possible? Can we make a weapon’s stats “read” your character’s kill count stats?

Failing that you could just have it level up somehow through crafting using bits of dead monsters.[/quote]
Cataclysm: Monster Hunter?

Well I didn’t mean actually covering the damn thing in bones and other monster bits.

More a mechanic of “weapon gets stronger the more evil things you butcher”.

Which would actually fit pretty well with one of those cursed “evil” weapons.

I SMELL MOD

Why in the fuck do any of you think it would be cool to wield a dead moose as a hammer?!?

You obviously haven’t been around the time when moose were down right deadly.

They still can be. If you don’t kill them fast enough. Luckily that’s not a problem for me now…

Took a backpack off a few tiles too close and the damn thing roflstomped me in a few turns. I’d like to return the favor by beating its relatives to death with its corpse

Don’t tell me you were preparing to melee kill it?

I stay far away and use maximum fire power.

enourmously badass weapons
My time to shine.

Bumper sword - speaks for itself. Car bumper crudely crafted into a motherfucking sword. tips legion helmet
Permafrost - Gatling system machinegun, three barrells per spinning block, two blocks per gun. Basically, a double-barrell minigun. Why this name? Because any enemy you encounter will get frosted permanently. Bazinga. I’m terrible at making puns.
Bitchslab - get a pipe, get a barrell, put a barrell on a pipe, fill the barrell with some concrete slabs, seal the barrell, bitchslap zombies and wreck houses with this badass sledgehammer.
Vanguard - basically, a car hood with some handles to ease the usage as a shield. Also, be cautious, one of the edges is sharped.
BANEBLADE - concentrated badassery. 50% chainsaw, 50% sword, 100% coolness. Rip and tear.

Not the tank? For shame. Although ELEVEN BARRELS OF FURY might be just a bit much for Cata.

We need a circular saw, so one can make the Buzzaxe from Borderlands, or for the big folks, use one of those big blades from a sawmill.

I mentioned a fucking ARRAY of circular saw weapons earlier. Like, at least 5 of them

No offense, but these weapons… They’re farfetched, and not in a good way. If you have to describe a weapon’s encumbrance as “useable only by the hulk only while he’s on meth”, it’s one of those godless anime Cloud Strife imitating gibberish lover’s weapons.

Personally, I never use the Louisville Slaghterer, who’s typo went unseen for several versions until being fixed sometime recently. For that matter, I never use the flamesword, or the chainsaw kerplangcraw, or the seventeen pound roast ham. I just find them to break my immersion. There’s sci-fi and then there’s just unnecessary fan-service and usually, the fans don’t know what they want.

That being said, I’d like to see one of those russian 6 gauge shotguns, the KS-23. Now THAT’S a mighty weapon. What a beauty.

6 gauge shotgun?! I had no idea that existed.

Can I interest you in a 2 bore rifle?

225 gr projectile
DO WANT

Speaking of humongous guns, how about 120mm shoulder-mounted cannon? That’s pretty realistic, yah.